Menu

lego instruction books

I am having a really hard time trying to find lego instruction booklets. The ones I am finding are pictures of completed projects only and those are NOT what my children want.

They prefer the books with actual instructions via pictures or written instructions.

Anyone with ideas on where to find these. I have tried craigslist and the one in my area is useless for lego anything. I won't shop on ebay anymore so that is out and the only one I found on amazon is listed for $499.00 which is a tad out of my price range;).

Thanks!

I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting to shop on Ebay, but you might want to consider just browsing, because there are a ton of instruction books listed, including multi-book lots, that are going for what seems to be a very low price (considering what you saw on Amazon). Even if you don't want to buy through Ebay, sometimes sellers have their own independent websites you can link to via Ebay & maybe you could find something that way.

I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting to shop on Ebay, but you might want to consider just browsing, because there are a ton of instruction books listed, including multi-book lots, that are going for what seems to be a very low price (considering what you saw on Amazon). Even if you don't want to buy through Ebay, sometimes sellers have their own independent websites you can link to via Ebay & maybe you could find something that way.

too many bad experiences shopping through ebay. I do not want to deal with that again.

Have you looked on lego.com?

I'm currently printing off a booklet for a set I bought used. Not sure if they have any that aren't for specific sets but it is worth a look.

I have been printing out their individual instructions for different ideas but printer ink is really expensive and i would just prefer a already made book.

I am not looking for particular sets just different instructions to build other things. Both of my children use their imagination well and really enjoy doing it that way but sometimes really enjoy someone else doing the thinking and they just do the building.

I know there's a website that lists instructions to all the Lego sets if you don't need a hard copy. I can ask my son if you want it.

Please ask your son. I have been trying to find them but have not had good luck. Once I think I find the right sites either my browser shuts down or I cannot view the images:001_huh:

I am having a really hard time trying to find lego instruction booklets. The ones I am finding are pictures of completed projects only and those are NOT what my children want.

They prefer the books with actual instructions via pictures or written instructions.

Anyone with ideas on where to find these. I have tried craigslist and the one in my area is useless for lego anything. I won't shop on ebay anymore so that is out and the only one I found on amazon is listed for $499.00 which is a tad out of my price range;).

Thanks!

I might be confused about what you want, but my DS8 loves his Unofficial Lego Builder's Guide.

I might be confused about what you want, but my DS8 loves his Unofficial Lego Builder's Guide.

I was told by a friend(I have not seen the book) that it is a great book but does not have instructions for building. Instead talks about all of the parts, gives ideas but no visuals or written instructions. Since you have this book does it have instructions like that???

Thanks!

I was told by a friend(I have not seen the book) that it is a great book but does not have instructions for building. Instead talks about all of the parts, gives ideas but no visuals or written instructions. Since you have this book does it have instructions like that???

Thanks!

Well, it does talk about the different kinds of bricks and it gives general tips and guidelines for how to design and build your own lego constructions. In doing so, there are step-by-step instructions for a few different things. My son loves it mostly because it was like a DIY education for Legos, giving lots of pointers and ideas for things to do with the thousands he owns. It's all in B&W, which isn't my favorite, but he doesn't seem to mind.

What you are looking for are the old Lego Idea books from the 1970s/80s. We have several that were my husbands. Ideas and instructions using basic lego elements. Unfortunately they are out of print so your only option is to get them used. They are soft covered books published by Lego.

I did a quick search and saw that DK just published an Ideas book, but it has no instructions - just a similar name.

Check this link at http://www.bricklink and scroll down to Idea Book. There are several for sale.

Edited by Brenda in FL

I have been printing out their individual instructions for different ideas but printer ink is really expensive and i would just prefer a already made book.

I am not looking for particular sets just different instructions to build other things. Both of my children use their imagination well and really enjoy doing it that way but sometimes really enjoy someone else doing the thinking and they just do the building.

Yes, it is a pain to print them all out so I know what you mean. I'm not sure I'd buy another large set that doesn't have the booklet with it!

Free building with legos and building with instructions both have their merits. That's great your children want to do both!