Menu

Jericho TV series

How did this series ever get cancelled? :confused: My dd and I finished watching it on Netflix. We are amazed that millions of fans will keep a show like Dancing with the Stars on for a long time, but a show like Jericho gets cancelled.:blink: I think it may just be the favorite thing I've ever watched on television. If only there was more of it! :crying:

I know. :glare:

Happyhomemaker, I think it got resolved, generally speaking, but I can't remember for sure.

I've gotten to where if I LOVE a show, I expect it to get cancelled. There just aren't enough other people w/ taste similar to mine. At all. :tongue_smilie: If I get a whole season, I'm thrilled. If I get a second season, I'm suspicious.

It's been much easier, though, since I've learned to see it coming. :D

DWTS costs less $$ to produce.

But I don't think her point was why the studios would cancel one & not the other (well, ok, maybe that was part of her point), but why SO many people would keep up w/ the one (making it more...money-making...can't remember the word for that) & then a show w/ an actual plot would fail due to lack of viewership.

Even if Jericho had been cheap to produce, w/ low viewership, the studio would drop it for something else. Right?

I know. :glare:

Happyhomemaker, I think it got resolved, generally speaking, but I can't remember for sure.

I've gotten to where if I LOVE a show, I expect it to get cancelled. There just aren't enough other people w/ taste similar to mine. At all. :tongue_smilie: If I get a whole season, I'm thrilled. If I get a second season, I'm suspicious.

It's been much easier, though, since I've learned to see it coming. :D

:iagree: All of my shows end up cancelled!!!

Thanks for the reminder on this show. I remember watching the first episode and liking it, but I think it was up against another show we watched. I'm glad to hear it's streaming. We'll check it out. I've always liked Skeet Ulrich (the poor man's Johnny Depp :001_smile:).

I also have to whisper very quietly if I like a show. It's doomed if word gets out that I like it :glare:.

I have thought about watching this show but have been hesitant because I knew it got canceled. Were the major plot points resolved at the end? Did it end on a cliffhanger? I'd like to watch it, but not if it doesn't have some resolution at the end.

I think they resolved it as well as it could be. There is definitely a story that could follow, but I didn't feel cheated out of knowing something important. Does that make sense?

DH & I like it alot too.

The first season was great.

The second season, not so great.

It was cancelled after season one. Then because of a HUGE fan reaction with shipping pallets of peanuts to the studios, over-flowing emails and constant phone calls they brought it back for a second season which flopped big time.