Menu

I hate the holidays-WWYD?

PM me your Aunt's address. I'll let the air out of her tires Christmas morning* so she CAN'T come over. :tongue_smilie: Then your immediate family can just hang out in PJs if you want (go to Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve).

*We already know I'm going to hell, so I'm the natural choice.

Everyone comes to my house for the holidays. Everyone. The cat drags people in. ;) Friends that have no where to go, their kids, the kids boyfriends, seriously, I have to put two diningroom tables together to seat everyone. And my parents and brother are always here--and if my parents are here--then my Aunt and Uncle would be alone.

But right now I really want to opt out.

Sounds like your nuclear family should go to the beach for Christmas!!!

PM me your Aunt's address. I'll let the air out of her tires Christmas morning* so she CAN'T come over. :tongue_smilie: Then your immediate family can just hang out in PJs if you want (go to Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve).

:lol: Nono, may I join you? Because according to various out-laws of mine, I'm going to hell also.

:lol: I like the way you think.

Totally agree w/Faith.

Do Christmas just you, your dh and kids.

:iagree:

This is how we do it. I put a stop to the running around. I make brunch-ish foods and the kids snack while they open. We eventually take a nap while the kids keep playing. In the evening we eat a simple comfort-food dinner while we watch one of the new movies. We all love it and enjoy Christmas Day so much more. It also gives us more time (and sanity) to savor the meaning of the day.

:lol:

:lol: Nono, may I join you? Because according to various out-laws of mine, I'm going to hell also.

I think Nono will have the circus going so fast, they might not notice you escaped. :D

That is just so wrong of your Aunt. You must talk to her. You must. (And report back to us as soon as possible for an update.)

I will. :001_smile:

Everyone comes to my house for the holidays. Everyone. The cat drags people in. ;) Friends that have no where to go, their kids, the kids boyfriends, seriously, I have to put two diningroom tables together to seat everyone. And my parents and brother are always here--and if my parents are here--then my Aunt and Uncle would be alone.

But right now I really want to opt out.

you mean your aunt and uncle will be alone for Christmas, the same way you and your family will be alone for Thanksgiving?

I wouldn't even question this. It's wrong of your aunt, and equally wrong of your mother. I'd be totally hurt if I were you.

Going to continue to read now......

You know what? You're AWESOME. My bil won't be coming here for Christmas, but he's NOT a good person. Please PM me and I'll give you his address. If you're ever in MA.....................

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it possible that she's not (in her own mind) being rude, but just possibly overwhelmed by including 9 additional people (your immediate family) at her gathering? If so, maybe you could offer to bring chairs, food, etc. whatever would help her get past that so that it could really be a "family" gathering.

She may just be thinking that when she's included in your gatherings that it's just the two of them (your aunt and uncle) who are being added in which really isn't a big deal, but 9 MORE PEOPLE at her house may just be more than she can think about.

Just wonderin'.....