Menu

How long would your little girl play with something like this?

Both of my girls LOVE playing with everything from My Little Ponies to Playmobil to Disney Princesses to Schleich animal figures. My oldest is 7 and my youngest girl is about ready to make her appearance any day now. Just wondering how long you think my oldest may play with something like this? Just about anything could "live" in this house and there is plenty of room for the girls to play side by side. Anyone have anything this big? We have a smaller doll house, but I was wondering about this one.

http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-65252-Majestic-Dollhouse/dp/B0042F99PG/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1318087624&sr=1-1

Last Christmas, through the help of some kind friends, we were able to get our daughters a doll house with some furniture and dolls. They LOVED it and were so excited on Christmas day. It's been almost a year now, and they play with the dollhouse regularly. All the dolls have been alphabetically named. :001_huh:

Alex

Bonnie

Cathie

Dan

Aunt Ellen

Uncle Fred

Grace

Henry

Irene

and Grammy, who has no other name

and the pets take the alphabet back up with

Jam (the Dog)

Kitty (the Cat)

Little Bit

Minny and

Nugget (the puppies)

Enjoy!

My dd is 7.5 and we got her a large dollhouse for her 5th birthday (wanted to get on a lot earlier) - it's not as tall as the one you're looking at, it's more deep, got it at an antique store. DD looooves it, she plays with it every day and has every since she got it, I see many more years of play with it for her. If I had 2 dds close in age I would definitely spring for something more open and larger like the one you linked to- it's beautiful, well worth the investment. BTW, my niece is 9.5 and she and dd play with the dollhouse together every time they get together.

Good to know that so many girls will play with it for a long time! I'm considering this for our girls for Christmas. It's gotten great reviews.

Since you have a houseful of daughters, I think that you will definitely good use out of a doll house like that. My one and only dd has a smaller dollhouse than that, but similar in design. She and her brothers play with it sometimes but only with non-doll toys...playmobil, legos, LPS, schleich animals, etc.

For the record, I played with Barbies well into jr high and would have loved a dollhouse for them.

Those huge dollhouses are great because they can hold a variety of dolls and other toys. My DD had a stuffed bear family, Barbies, Madeleine dolls, dinosaurs, Playmobil, and other toys of that ilk in hers. A lot of those toys came with their own furnishings, which fit inside nicely.

We would still have it if we had a place to put it in the smaller house we live in now. Not for DD -- for me!