Menu

Bible character costume for girls

Queen Ester: A pretty robe/long dress and a crown. :)

Ruth: Robe/long dress and some wheat in a sack.

Eve: "Animal skins" and an apple.

Miriam: Dress and blotchy/sickly looking make-up (from when she was struck with leprosy)

Moses' mother: A robe and a basket with a baby doll in it.

You could go with the basic sheet toga tied with a rope, long head covering made out of any fabric, sandals... She could basically be anyone in the Bible at that point.

If you cut a SMALL opening in the closed end of a pillowcase, then a hole on either side down at that end, you can slip it over her head as an instant dress/tunic. The hole for her head needs to be smaller than you think, though, or else it will hang down to her navel.

A king size pillowcase makes a longer tunic.

My daughters (9 and 10) are both participating in the Bible dress-up day for Awana. They both wanted to be Queen Esther (although Ruth was orignally no. 1 until they heard they could wear a crown). I bought two sheets (purple) from the thrift store and sewed them into dresses. I also bought gold belts and gold material (curtains) to make them more queen like. I will use the gold curtain to make a head piece of some sort.

Ruth/Mary would be easy. Get a sheet and cut a hole for the head. Cut the length where you need it. Use the leftover fabric for a head covering and belt. For Ruth you could get grass/hay and carry a basket like she had been reaping grain. For Mary you could have your dd carry Baby Jesus. (We did this a couple of years ago)

I hope your dd has a fun night.