Menu

Dress me?

I would look for trouser jeans in a dark rinse color. Try and find something that goes straight from your hips down, to make your hips look small. Pants that taper at the ankles will make your hips look larger.

For a top look for something that will show off your great curves. A top that has a band under the bust will hit you in your smaller part and make your waist look tiny.

Have fun shopping.

Trouser jeans example:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1c164ba&Nao=0&Ne=4+840+877+878+5+961+6+968+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+963+579+1031+8+1022+1014+586+1007+879+1027+18+904+903+969+833+949&hdnOnGo=true&NOffset=0&Ntt=trouser+jeans+women&SearchString=trouser+jeans+women&N=4294959029&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

Edited by Ferdie

I would look for trouser jeans in a dark rinse color. Try and find something that goes straight from your hips down, to make your hips look small. Pants that taper at the ankles will make your hips look larger.

For a top look for something that will show off your great curves. A top that has a band under the bust will hit you in your smaller part and make your waist look tiny.

Have fun shopping.

Trouser jeans example:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1c164ba&Nao=0&Ne=4+840+877+878+5+961+6+968+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+963+579+1031+8+1022+1014+586+1007+879+1027+18+904+903+969+833+949&hdnOnGo=true&NOffset=0&Ntt=trouser+jeans+women&SearchString=trouser+jeans+women&N=4294959029&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

TY! Penny's is one place I plan on stopping, so I'll keep an eye out for those or something like them.

I just bought some awesome trouser jeans at Eddie Bauer. I love, love, love them! I actually feel (somewhat) "slim" while wearing them. I hate having my photo taken, but DS took several snapshots of me wearing the jeans and I keep thinking, "Hm. I actually DO look slim/trim in those pants!" I will probably go back and buy another pair.

Personally - for me - I have found that a "v" neck shirt makes my torso look more tailored and longer. I decided a year or so ago to quit buying rounded neck shirts. And, after seeing a photo of me in a square-neck shirt - well, I won't be wearing that neckline anymore. :tongue_smilie:

I don't know budget or occasion, but I love Chico's. I am clothing-challenged and love their gentle, non-pushy assistance.

Look into dressing your truth. ;) I would try to point you in the right direction but it is on facial features.

Have you used this program? Was it worth the money? It looks really interesting. I'm going to read her book, but from what I've read about it, it doesn't give many specifics. If I send you a picture of my face, do you think you could point me in the right direction? I think I'm a type 2/3.

I looked at the website a few days ago when someone linked it here. I LOVE her haircut, and had my stylist cut mine that way yesterday. It isn't quite the same, but I really like it! Thanks to whoever posted the link!

Personally - for me - I have found that a "v" neck shirt makes my torso look more tailored and longer. I decided a year or so ago to quit buying rounded neck shirts. And, after seeing a photo of me in a square-neck shirt - well, I won't be wearing that neckline anymore. :tongue_smilie:

I don't know budget or occasion, but I love Chico's. I am clothing-challenged and love their gentle, non-pushy assistance.

So then a V neck would probably be better for my short torso? This summer I had a hard time finding tshirts with sleeves that hit me at the right spot. They all seem to hit me in a place that makes my big arms look bigger.

The occasion is that I have 1 pair of jeans (the ones in the pic) and no winter clothes that still fit. :glare: It's cold out, I gotta have clothes! LOL I'm looking to spend under $100 for those 3 items.

TY! Penny's is one place I plan on stopping, so I'll keep an eye out for those or something like them.

I was just there today and they have some great deals. Also there is a coupon good for tomorrow for extra 15% off, (I got mine in the mail).

Do you have access to Youtube? Here is a link to a video. Go to 12:33 and they have an example for the top that goes in under the bust to acent your waist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wn1ncryRRQ&feature=related

I was just there today and they have some great deals. Also there is a coupon good for tomorrow for extra 15% off, (I got mine in the mail).

Do you have access to Youtube? Here is a link to a video. Go to 12:33 and they have an example for the top that goes in under the bust to acent your waist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wn1ncryRRQ&feature=related

Ah, OK. I've never tried a top like that, I'll keep an eye out for one

For the top: Button down v-neck cotton shirt. Try to find one that nips in at the waist and curves with your back (doesn't fluff out in the back.)

Choose either a dark solid color, or one with a small print. Smaller print makes you look smaller.

I agree with everyone else about the pants. Dark wash, trouser. Be warned: when I go shopping for pants, it's TOUGH to find ones that fit right. You may have to try on a LOT of pants. Also, I've found that some stores don't carry any pant brands that look good on me, and I have to go to an entirely different store.

If possible, shop in places with a 3-way mirror so you can see the back.

This summer I had a hard time finding tshirts with sleeves that hit me at the right spot. They all seem to hit me in a place that makes my big arms look bigger.
I have the same problem. :tongue_smilie: Chico's have nice heavy T-shirts during the summer w/different sleeve lengths and necklines. If you have a store nearby, you might check their clearance rack. I just found one last month for $10.
Be warned: when I go shopping for pants, it's TOUGH to find ones that fit right. You may have to try on a LOT of pants. Also, I've found that some stores don't carry any pant brands that look good on me, and I have to go to an entirely different store.
Yes.

I would probably spend the bulk on a nice pair of dark jeans that fit beautifully and skimp with the rest. It is easier to find nice shirts and slacks on sale than jeans, in my experience.

The occasion is that I have 1 pair of jeans (the ones in the pic) and no winter clothes that still fit. :glare: It's cold out, I gotta have clothes!
:grouphug: I was just there last month.

I didn't get any slacks, but i got a top and a pair of jeans. The only straight leg jeans they had were a medium rise that came up way over my belly button. I had to get bootlegs to get a lower rise.

shirt:

jeans (at least I think they're the same...?)

at any rate, they didn't have a huge gap and they kinda pick my booty up. ;)

Edited by SeekingSimplicity

I didn't get any slacks, but i got a top and a pair of jeans. The only straight leg jeans they had were a medium rise that came up way over my belly button. I had to get bootlegs to get a lower rise.

shirt:

Those both look cute!

shirt:

I think you did great! I have a similar top from Talbot's. I do most of my clothes shopping there. I wait for their big sales. I bought a pair of black leather boots there last year for $40 (originally $180). My jeans from there were about $24 on sale. I like to wear my bootcuts with a v-neck semi fitted t-shirt and a cotton cardigan (similar to this). The nice cardigan and a nice pair of shoes dresses up the jeans nicely.

Edited by Brigitte

:iagree:

Great advice.

shirt:

I'm happy for you. You made some nice choices. :)

Been late catching up on this thread. You've gotten fabulous advice.

I need to check out dressing your truth.