Menu

NaNoWriMo Anyone?

Sorry if there has already been another thread about this, but I've been receiving NaNoWriMo countdown emails and I'm getting into writing mode. :001_smile:

I write children's fiction, and this year I think I'm going to try something completely out of my comfort zone: fantasy. Still sticking with kids fiction (middle-grade age) but I don't have any experience writing "real" fantasy (I usually write contemporary stories with a hint of fantasy). I figure NaNoWriMo is a great way to test the waters. :tongue_smilie: We'll see how it goes! I'm hoping to make this year my third win in a row.

Who's planning to participate this year? What genre will you be writing?

I am. I'm doing a sci-fi story this year. I tend to write character driven novels, this year I'm going for a plot driven. By Nov 15th I'll probably have snuck back to my internal struggle story.

I am also admin of the Nanowrimo social group here. If you're a part of the group and would be interesting in taking over those duties, please let me know. I have a lot of things on my plate right now and can not truly give it any attention. I generally update to the new logos and try to check in on a daily basis during Nano.

Please PM if you'd be willing to assume control of the group.

I'm doing a YA book. My 12 year old is outlining for a fantasy book ... still trying to figure out a good goal for her. My 6 year old even wants to get in on things, though we'll see how that works.

I won in 2006 and 2007, failed in increasing degrees in 2008 and 2009, didn't even try last year, but I'm back.

Here's last week's thread on the topic, but I'm of the view you can never have too many NaNoWriMo threads.

Paula, how exciting to switch things up this year, even if only for half a month! that's such fun. And sci-fi, to boot. Rock 'em, robots!

And funschooler, I'm totally a fantasy gal and am delighted you're giving it a go. Be sure to update the NaNo social group as to what you think of an entirely magical world as the month goes on.

Pam L--it's the journey, not the destination, eh?? hahaha. Yeah, I don't buy that one either, otherwise no author would ever get published. You should totally jump in again this year anyway!

And Georgiana, even if you can't do the challenge this year, you should still feel welcome to join the NaNo group and cheer everybody on. I promise you we'll need all the encouragement we can get!

:party: <--- this is the NaNo group, jittery from too much caffeine

My 11 year old is doing it. This is his 3rd year and he LOVES NaNo. We drop other writing for the month and just let him go nuts. Last year he did 6000 words.

I would LOVE to, but I'm not sure this is my year. :glare: We'll see how the next week or 2 go over here. We just got back from 2 week road trip and we're behind on EVERYTHING. Not sure I'll be ready to throw myself into it by Nov 1.

Here's last week's thread on the topic, but I'm of the view you can never have too many NaNoWriMo threads.

Paula, how exciting to switch things up this year, even if only for half a month! that's such fun. And sci-fi, to boot. Rock 'em, robots!

And funschooler, I'm totally a fantasy gal and am delighted you're giving it a go. Be sure to update the NaNo social group as to what you think of an entirely magical world as the month goes on.

Pam L--it's the journey, not the destination, eh?? hahaha. Yeah, I don't buy that one either, otherwise no author would ever get published. You should totally jump in again this year anyway!

And Georgiana, even if you can't do the challenge this year, you should still feel welcome to join the NaNo group and cheer everybody on. I promise you we'll need all the encouragement we can get!

Good idea, I will!

I am. I'm doing a sci-fi story this year. I tend to write character driven novels, this year I'm going for a plot driven. By Nov 15th I'll probably have snuck back to my internal struggle story.

I am also admin of the Nanowrimo social group here. If you're a part of the group and would be interesting in taking over those duties, please let me know. I have a lot of things on my plate right now and can not truly give it any attention. I generally update to the new logos and try to check in on a daily basis during Nano.

Please PM if you'd be willing to assume control of the group.

I sent you a PM. :001_smile:

Thanks for the links! I missed that first NaNo thread, and I keep forgetting to check my social groups. :lol: