Menu

What special things do you do on your anniversary?

Happy (almost) anniversary! It's mine and Dh's 20th on Tuesday and we had hoped to return visit a waterfall in the NC mountains we first visited 20 years ago. Unfortunately with my mother visiting, stuff going on with our children, appointments, new kittens, life! :) it's not going to happen at this time.

Usually we visit the chapel in the park where we got married. We take a picnic and hang out there an hour or three. Sometimes the kids come along, sometimes just us two. It's a simple and cheap way to spent the day but helps us reconnect and reminisce.

I'd love to go to an aquarium, just the two of us. When we were married DH couldn't get time off work, so we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for a one-day honeymoon.

We are celebrating 16 years married, 20 years together, next weekend. We'll be going out to dinner, because Hong Kong doesn't offer the right kind of aquarium....

Laura

It's not always necessarily religious. Depending on $$ and time constraints it can be a few hours to a few days. We look back on the year, set goals, talk about how our kids are developing and the do some fun things together. Once we went to Disney, another time we went on a cruise, some times we've stayed at home and have gone to the park or to dinner and a walk.