Menu

panyhose

Guest Barb B

do you wear pantyhose with skirt/dress  

1. 1. do you wear pantyhose with skirt/dress

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Only in the winter with nice/formal dresses. I am very light complected and my skin is a pasty color. During the winter we have a few formal events to attend. I wear very light, natural colored hose with those dresses.

It is about 50/50 here for women who wear hose in winter...I have looked!

I do notice that the darker a person's complexion (natural or tanned), the more likely they go bare.

I voted maybe; I'm required to wear them to work.

QUOTE]

You know, if I practiced law, for instance, I don't think I could show up in court without hose. It seems wrong to have bare legs. I hate the feel of nylon hose, and I do not look quite right in pant suits. Perhaps I would be someone to wear skirts which only looked correct with a higher cotton count dark hose. Hmmmm. Tricky. I wonder if I could even figure out a way to look professional and feel comfortable at the same time

Edited by LibraryLover

I wear them because I have terrible vericose veins and chunky legs (even though I'm a size 4). My legs are just unattractive. But the rest of me is pretty cute and I look cute in a knee length skirt or dress IF my legs are not bare. In the winter I'll wear tights but in the spring and summer that means I wear sheer hose with a dress or skirt if I'm going to church or some place dressy. I pay attention to fashion and I know that panty hose are not "in" and I struggled mightily with this. Then I caught a glimpse of my legs in hose in a mirror and they looked good. They looked REALLY good. The hose are sheer and you wouldn't really notice unless you were looking but they just hold everything in place and give me a smooth line.

I wrestled with this :tongue_smilie: but decided I look good in a skirt/dress and that look requires hose.

I am having a procedure on my veins, though, so maybe I'll change my mind again:)

I wear them for a few reasons:

1. I think skirts and dresses drape better when I am wearing hosiery.

2. I am blindingly white and I have ugly spider veins.

3. I am old fashioned and don't think an outfit looks finished if there are no hose.

If I am wearing an open toe shoe then I do not wear pantyhose.