Menu

ipod touch ???

How many gigs do you have on your ipod touch?  

1. 1. How many gigs do you have on your ipod touch?

• 8g
    • 16g
    • 32g
    • 64g

I voted 16, but I have an iphone, not the touch.

It contains:

96 apps, 10 shorts (like Ferdinand the bull), 4 30 min shows, 1 movie, 29 video podcast episodes, 765 photos, a few videos I took, over 400 songs. I have 5 gb of space left.

Does that help?

Note to users: you can find most of this info under usage in the settings.

eta: I do also have a 80gig ipod classic. It contains tons of music and little else.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I have an 8 gig nano, it was not enough for me. So I bought my 32 gig iTouch. If I was just using it for music to listen to for fun, 8 would be enough. I however teach dance and theatre...I have a lot of music for work on there! I also have all of our Classical Conversations practice cds and SOTW audio CDs for Vol 1 loaded on it. We do not have a cd player in our car or house....just iPod hook ups :) That, plus my music and I have it over half full :)

Get the most you can afford. Really. It may seem that 8 or 16 is enough space, but eventually you will fill it. You can't add more gigs, so start with as much as you can reasonably get. Yes, you can constantly change the music, videos, photos and movies, but the more space you have available, the easier it is and the more you can use it. I don't like having to decide what to delete so I can add something else. More storage space is good!

My 3GS has 64GB, and after over a year of heavy use I still have 45GB available. That's with 922 songs, 153 apps (many of which are more for my dc than for me), and a truly ridiculous number of books loaded into my Stanza library. I love my iPod! Truly, I never expected it to be nearly as useful as it has proven to be.

I'd say a 32GB would be sufficient, but I agree with the advice of buying as much storage as you can afford.

Get the most you can afford. Really. It may seem that 8 or 16 is enough space, but eventually you will fill it. You can't add more gigs, so start with as much as you can reasonably get. Yes, you can constantly change the music, videos, photos and movies, but the more space you have available, the easier it is and the more you can use it. I don't like having to decide what to delete so I can add something else. More storage space is good!

:iagree:

I have a 64 gb and I'm glad I did it. I love to buy digital copies of movies...and they can take 2-3 gb each, plus all my music and apps. One thing though is that you can put your items in iTunes so you don't have to put them on your iPod all at the same time. You can resync your iPod with what you're using at the time....so you could very easily get away with a smaller gb. I love mine and am very glad I bought it. I didn't want to pay for a data plan on an iPhone so this was the best way for me. My kids love it too. The biggest thing I use it for homeschooling is the audio books, including CC memory work, and the fun educational apps that we play.

Enjoy:001_smile: