Menu

I think I'm in! I think I'm in!

Hi all! It's just me, Dy. Now DIY-Dy - thanks to suggestions from the old board before it died. You know, it just hit me - it sounds like a character from the Sweet Pickles books. Anybody remember those? Loving Lion, Doubtful Dog. Huh.

Anyway, ahh, it feels good be getting settled. Wanted to say hi! And I've got to tell you, as one who abhors change, y'all must mean a lot for me to come figure out how to use this new format! I'm just sayin'... ;)

Ok, off to play!

Kiss those babies!

~Dy

LOL! Dh and I said we should start a Southern version of Norm Abrams' "This Old House" - we'd call it "This Old Shack". It'd be me, usually pregnant, and all these kids running around. But I don't know if we could find subcontractors who'd be willing to work in this environment. (It'd be fun, though, wouldn't it?)

Do It Yourself Dy - you're a knock-out, woman! Love the pic!

I'm telling you, there are some gorgeous gals on this board! I had no idea! The profile picture option is such a great thing to put faces to all these names! I feel like I'm being introduced to a friendly bunch of in-laws. Brand new, but instant family. :D

Yay! Dy's here! :D

Sorry to rain on your "This Old Shack" parade, but there's probably laws prohibiting doing construction work in bare feet. I'm assuming y'all have bare feet, given your constant state of pregnancy and living in the south ;). Of course, you're homeschoolers, and I've heard we do have the nicest shoes. Wow, this is a riddle! Would DIY-Dy have shoes living in the south and being a homeschooler?...:confused:

Yay! Dy's here! :D

Wow, this is a riddle! Would DIY-Dy have shoes living in the south and being a homeschooler?...:confused:

No shoes except when going to the library, the grocery store, and (maybe) Chick-Fil-A! On those occasions the shoes are new and shiny and then DIYDY furthers the rumor that homeschoolers all have nice shoes...

J/K Dy! You know I love you!

Jennifer ( who spent 6 years in Mississippi...)

ROFLOL! This thread is cracking me up! I think, technically, I only have to kick my shoes off when I enter the kitchen. ;-) I'll admit it, we hid our shoes at the border before they could confiscate them. I just have this horrible fear of Tetanus - can't go barefooted too much in this place.

I, too, am absolutely loving all the photos! Hillary! My sister, my conscience! It's SOOOOO good to have a face! Melissa and Stephanie and Dawn! Wow, who knew moms could be so good lookin', huh? But JudoMom, I'm sorry, you're gonna have to do something about the hamster. He's adorable, but every time I come across one of your posts, I get the Hamster Dance stuck in my head! That may well drive me insane at some point. ;-) (I kid - I love your judo-hamster!)