Menu

Does anyone use "The Happy Scientist"?

littleWMN

Yes, we do. I bought it from Homeschool Buyers Coop as well, and the boys use it in a couple ways: during their 'freetime', or when I need one occupied while I work with the other. Lots of good stuff on his site, and it is easy enough my 6-year-old with basic reading skills can navigate it solo.

We started using it about a month ago and thoroughly enjoy it!! I use it as something to occupy them while I'm working with other kids. They love to watch the experiments on the video, then set up the experiment mostly all by themselves and try it out. He is very sincere, kind, and humorous. He has been very popular around here! :)

I just subbed this morning and have spent the last couple hours since trying to get it to work. Unsuccessfully. Now I see a message that they are doing upgrades to their site. Bummer. I had several of the videos picked for the younger two to watch today.

Now I'm suddenly not getting any sound at all in Firefox or Chrome--not even on youtube. Media Player also quit working.

Time to run a virus scan. Getting a little sick of messing with the computer. Anyone else having troubles with sound today? I'm now kinda wondering if the site gave me a virus. :tongue_smilie:

I just bought it last night. My 11 yr olds seemed less than enthused about it. Maybe they're too old for it? But the site is under construction, so maybe when it gets running better they will like it more. They were complaining that the sound was weird and it was cutting out. Hopefully that will soon be remedied.

We use it, also bought through HSBC, and really enjoy it. My ds, 10, did not really like science until he began watching these videos. Now, he tries as many of the experiments that I will allow.

Also, he's my kid that doesn't retain info. well. Things don't seem to stick for him. But with this program, he does retain the information. It's fun to hear him explain to his dad how and why things work the way they do.

Have fun with it. :001_smile:

Denise