Menu

Ideas to perk up our home? Sick girls today~

My girls have been sick with a nasty cold all weekend, and I was really hoping that today they would all magically run downstairs with smiles and happy voices. Not happening. I had planned a simple school morning with me doing lots of reading, but one dd dragged back upstairs and the other is asleep on the couch. Any ideas to help me perk up the :tongue_smilie: atmosphere?

:iagree: I sure hope they feel all better soon.

I'd say let them be sick. Read aloud on the couch later, catch up when everyone starts feeling better.

If you have discovery ed or other interesting educational videos, they can be enjoyable and somewhat educational. My dd always loved crafts or baking cookies..

Edited by Tammyla

If my littles (and they are under 7) want to sleep, I let them! Make chicken soup and have them eat it when they awake. Then, open the windows (great suggestion!) and read aloud, put in a book on tape, or pop in Mary Poppins. I mean, how can she NOT make you a little happier. :001_smile: (If they're the right age of course.) I realize we'll reach an age here where she is not cool. :-(

I just remember being so sick as a kid, and missing a good bit of school. Being allowed to watch TV or a movie was a mercy to just take my mind off the crummy feeling. I imagine a nice book on tape could do the same.

Hope all the rest heals them up quick!

Thanks for all the sweet ideas! While they were sleeping, I tidied the living room, yes, opened the windows, and then unpacked our fall decoration boxes. I prettied the table, put out all the pumpkins and hung the door wreath and found some fall silk leaves with tiny lights that I put in our front bay window. When they woke up they were feeling a little better, and were excited that the decorations were out of the box. I made some soup for their lunch with little oyster crackers. I read a short story, and then we watched a fun video on New Zealand (I want to move there!!). I made rice pudding for dessert tonight, and that was a hit...about all they ate. Hoping that tomorrow will be easier! Thanks again for the support~

Edited by Blueridge