Menu

Working Mom Magazine Spoof

asta

There is an incredibly funny blog called Doctor Grumpy in the House written by a neurologist with two little kids. He periodically goes completely off topic and writes stuff like this:

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today's mail

There is absolutely NOTHING that can make you feel more inadequate as a parent than an issue of "Working Mom" magazine. It came today, and always has stories like this:

"In this issue we feature Suzy Oveur-Cheever. Suzy spends time at home raising her 2 lovely daughters, is active on her school board, and helps deliver meals to poor families. In addition she's developed a new technique for DNA recombination that led to a breakthrough for cancer and is helping to excavate a 2000 year old shipwreck in the Red Sea. Last week she was confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court, and will be taking her daughters to Oslo next year to pick up her Nobel Prize after solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. In this issue she'll be sharing her recipe for brownies and showing us her homemade Halloween decorations."

Posted by Grumpy, M.D.

I laughed and laughed until I realized that I usually feel the way he does when I read the accelerated board. :001_huh:

asta