Menu

Homemade Bread Makers, here....

For those that make their own loaves of bread, I have a question. How do you store your bread that isn't immediately eaten?

We love homemade bread here, but we don't eat an entire sandwich loaf in an afternoon, so I'm struggling to find a good way to store the remainder to prevent it from getting stale.

In the past I've used a small Rubbermaid salad greens tub, but lately my bread has been rising too much and it doesn't fit in the container. :001_huh: I can't seem to find a taller one.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

I bought bread bags to store them in. HOWEVER, the last time I baked bread, after shaping the loaves, I threw one into the freezer. A week or two later, when I wanted fresh bread with dinner, I pulled it out, put it in a loaf pan, let it thaw and rise all day on the counter and baked it off. Worked perfectly, and I think I'm going to do that now on instead of leaving extra loaves laying around to get stale.

I bought bread bags to store them in. HOWEVER, the last time I baked bread, after shaping the loaves, I threw one into the freezer. A week or two later, when I wanted fresh bread with dinner, I pulled it out, put it in a loaf pan, let it thaw and rise all day on the counter and baked it off. Worked perfectly, and I think I'm going to do that now on instead of leaving extra loaves laying around to get stale.

I will have to try this next time I bake bread! The recipie makes 3-4 loaves and there are 4 of us. That is a lot of bread.