Menu

Song School Latin 2?

squirtymomma

If you pull up the PDF catalog from their website, on the Latin Line Up grid (pg. 8), it does say that there is a Song School Latin, book 2 in production. That is the only place I can find anything about it. I was looking for information the other day and just gave up. Hopefully it comes out soon, my kids are loving the first book!

Thank you both. I looked at the FB page, and they're saying no earlier than Spring '12. I got tired of looking through the history... does anyone know if it will be essentially the same as SSL 1 with more vocab, or will it be a step up in difficulty? Mostly I'm wondering if it will aid in the transition to LfC.

I would love to know if it would be a step up in difficulty. I'm guessing probably more likely that it'll just be more vocab, or at least not too much more difficult.

You know what I think I'd do if you are looking for a good transition to LfC, is maybe just learn some of the chants for endings of nouns or verbs to get them used to that. Maybe explain the idea of conjugating verbs with the different endings and just do a verb a week or something. Then they can play the chart challenge (I'd think?) on Headventure.com.

I think it might be a bit fuzzy for a 2nd grader, but they'd get the general idea of it if you went super slow with it. That seems like it would help a lot when they started LfC.

Well, I just called them and they are pushing for an early 2012 release. The guy I spoke with said it will be a little more difficult, it is designed for 2nd graders.

Hopefully that gives a little more information. No set release date, though.

Well, I just called them and they are pushing for an early 2012 release. The guy I spoke with said it will be a little more difficult, it is designed for 2nd graders.

Hopefully that gives a little more information. No set release date, though.

Thank you! I'm thinking I'll go ahead and put Sylvia through SSL starting ASAP and she'll be ready for 2 when it comes out. Woohoo!!

• 3 months later...

There was another thread about this in November that said the author was frantically finishing it up. However, I'm not sure I want a text that was finished "frantically." :-)))

Can't find that thread now, but I'm happy to have an update. We started late and are still on Lesson 4ish in Book 1, so hopefully, it will be just in time for us.