Menu

Lollipop Logic

Mommy22alyns

We have just started Book 1, I would say it is pretty easy, but enjoyable. We do Logic twice a week: mixing up Lollipop Logic, Critical Thinking Activities, and Logic Links A. We only do a few pages at a time so that we aren't just plowing through it and I can see how well he is thinking through it.

Logic Links is definitely more challenging and progresses in difficulty. CTA also seems pretty easy but presents a wide variation and it's probably a better value- more pages for the money.

I'm not sure if the Lollipop Logic books progress in difficulty or not, there are three books for grades K-2. I love that it's reproducible so I can use it for my younger children (doesn't help you but it might help someone else reading this). I had the edge cut off and bound a copy for my son. The others are reproducible as well.

Not sure I've helped much! In order my favourites are: Lollipop Logic, Logic Links, and CTA.

It is on the easy side. The second book may be a little tougher, but we didn't do it. I don't think that because it's a little easy you shouldn't get it though. My kids found it really fun. It's not expensive. Plus, it introduces that kind of thinking.

We're doing Logic Safari and Analogies for Beginners now. If you think it'll be really too simple, I think those are good options (though Analogies for Beginners is also pretty easy).

I have 6 year old kindergarteners. One finds it easy, one it is perfect - doable, but not too easy, and one is totally lost.

Due to minor developmental delays, they fit in perfectly with kids a year younger. I would think the average 6+ year old would find it too easy.

My daughter is 5 and is enjoying it although it is not super challenging for her. She does it mostly on her own when I'm busy with her younger siblings so I like that aspect of it! I was going to look into the Logic Countdown series next or the Logic Safari. I hoped they would be more challenging.