Menu

I'm officially a soccer mom

I am actually starting to like watching my kids play, and they all really enjoy it. Having three different practices on three different fields, not so much.

We have one night a week with a conflict. Two different fields in two different towns about 20 minutes apart :glare:

Thankfully my neighbor has a boy on each team, so we're going to swap kids on Tuesday nights. :lol:

I remember discovering what a huge subculture soccer was--similar to hsing!

We had soccer practice tonight too. I take dd to a field 5 mins. away to asst. coach a younger team, pick her up 75 mins. later, swing back by home to collect my guys, and go off to another field for my kids' team practice. It's just enough to not be overwhelming.

I sit and chat with the other moms. LOVE this about soccer!

I wasn't a huge soccer fan but my boys wanted to try it. DS11 has stuck with it for 3 years on the same team. It's now rather fun, both watching the kids and reconnecting with the parents each season. DS8 switched to swim team but still likes big brother's soccer because he has friends among the siblings.

First practice was tonight. My boy loved it. I think he's hooked. Good thing I have a mini van....

Me too...somehow:confused::confused:

I started out a swim mom...and I loved being a swim mom. My older kids are no longer swimming...little guys want to play soccer. Last night they had a clinic with a British coach....they are hooked!

Faithe

I have been a soccer mom for over 6 years and I LOVE it. I was really happy to have my 9 yo join in this year and she is doing great.

We are out at the field M-Th but after a day of HSing inside, it's nice to get out and for them to have some organized activity and time with friends. :001_smile:

Enjoy the soccer season...it always goes too fast in my opinion.

I started out a swim mom...and I loved being a swim mom. My older kids are no longer swimming...little guys want to play soccer. Last night they had a clinic with a British coach....they are hooked!

Faithe

I was a swim mom last year. My oldest boy was on swim team, but the team went through a rough period and got some really poor coaches, so we left the program. He chose soccer this year and I ran into another swim mom and it turns out the program has completely turned itself around and all of our favorite coaches are back and all of the bad ones are gone ~ so it appears that I will likely return to being a swim mom as soon as soccer season is over! :D

This is our 3rd year and the kids love it. We're adding a 5th soccer player this season, plus have a football player. Should be eventful! Thankfully it's only 4 teams with the 6 kids and practices will be at only two places...though last year it ended up being 7 days per week.:glare:

And we're the 15-passenger van in a sea of mini vans.:D

THis is our third year. All three kids are on different teams. It'll be a little crazy, but between dh and me it'll be fine. I love watching DS1. He's a good player. He was recruited for his team this year to be goalie, which he's very good at, but hates the position. "It's boring" he says. I can understand.