Menu

Sonlight Forum Users

I thought the Sonlight forums were scheduled to be back up today, but when I tried to log on, the notice said they would not be up until next week. Did Sonlight update anywhere or did I have bad information? I can't seem to find any info, and I'm not on Facebook.

I saw the message of next week about 2 days ago on the forums.

Yeah, I'm wondering if that was a change, though. I am fairly certain that before the site went down, the mods said the forum would be back up and running on Thursday. Ugh. There was some info I needed from a PM. Sometimes Sonlight updates on Facebook, I think, but I'm not on Facebook.

Here's the FB update

Sonlight Forums update ... I just finished chatting with our head tech guy, and it appears that moving those millions of posts is taking longer than we anticipated. Because we want to be sure that everything is working smoothly before we take the new forums live, we are now anticipating a Monday (8/29) or Tuesday (8/30) launch.

My apologies for the delay ... I know how hard the wait is!

Here's the FB update

Thank you so much! I wish they would just post that info on the forums page. I thought I was going crazy, thinking that I didn't pay attention or something.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do without. At least I have a hurricane to distract me...

Thank you so much! I wish they would just post that info on the forums page. I thought I was going crazy, thinking that I didn't pay attention or something.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do without. At least I have a hurricane to distract me...

Nope, you're not going crazy! I figured this would be a good time to get other stuff done, but of course, this is the week I really could use some good SL advice! (No offense to everyone here, I'm just not settled in here yet!)

Nope, you're not going crazy! I figured this would be a good time to get other stuff done, but of course, this is the week I really could use some good SL advice! (No offense to everyone here, I'm just not settled in here yet!)

It does seem unfortunate that they are down right as school is starting.

Stay safe! :grouphug:
Thank you!

Well, there are a lot of Sonlight users here, so you could always give it a shot. But hopefully the forums will be back next week.

It does seem unfortunate that they are down right as school is starting.
I questioned that decision, it seems so odd, but I'm guessing that for some reason this is a good time for their staff. Maybe the bulk of the back-to-school orders are out of the way? I dunno, but this is usually one of the busiest times on the forum.

While I'm a longtime SL fan, I've come to put zero stock in their tech-related promises. I knew the moment Judy offered a Thursday re-start date that naming a day was a mistake. Sonlight never meets tech deadlines. Don't ask me why, but they're fairly useless in this department. Seriously...an entire week (or more?) to get back online? That's pathetic.

And yes, they're moving to a new platform. They recognized months ago that the most recent changes (last winter) were an epic fail. They've known this change was coming, and waiting to deal with it until the traditional start of school is yet another example of SL's less-than-ideal timing.

Edited by Colleen

While I'm a longtime SL fan, I've come to put zero stock in their tech-related promises. I knew the moment Judy offered a Thursday re-start date that naming a day was a mistake. Sonlight never meets tech deadlines. Don't ask me why, but they're fairly useless in this department. Seriously...an entire week (or more?) to get back online? That's pathetic.

And yes, they're moving to a new platform. They recognized months ago that the most recent changes (last winter) were an epic fail. They've known this change was coming, and waiting to deal with it until the traditional start of school is yet another example of SL's less-than-ideal timing.

COLLEEN WE NEED A FREAKING LIKE BUTTON.

Do you have fb? there is a SL FB friends page.

anyway Got a hurricane coming in and sick parents

That and the aftershocks. :) I'm not sure if I've felt any aftershocks, but supposedly some people around here say they have.

My ds told his grandma he was "terrified" by the earthquake. Now I'm tracking Irene, but trying to stay low key. We're in the warning area and probably should bring in our deck and yard stuff, although we've still got some time.

It's a good week for me to spend less time on the forums. (Except I'm bouncing through a few other places I usually just lurk on.)

(stm on SL)

I have not been able to use the Sonlight forums since i regained my access in June. I haven't had time to figure it all out. We use dial up computer so that may be one reason. If I actually made it on , it was extremely slow. But this forum seems to work fine. :001_smile:

Anyways, I was hoping with this new format I would be able to get access back, but now it will not accept my password and it said they would e-mail me about a new password but I never got an e-mail. So I still don't think it is working. I went to the public forums to ask the Tech but it says on there that I may not post.

Is anyone else having problems like these? I guess I will look around for a support e-mail address.

Suzq

Suzq, I have seen several people on Facebook saying that they cannot get back into the forums since the upgrade.

I had to email Judy and then she "reset" it so I could log on?? I don't know what she did, but it worked. I'm new to SL and it was frustrating to say the least to gain access.

You'd think as part of their tech update that they would fix the link too.