Menu

People who use their itouch for "everything"

like calendar, shopping list, educational apps, etc.....doesn't the battery die? All the reviews online say the battery doesn't last more than a couple hours, but people also say they watch movies from Netflix. Do you watch/play with the ipod plugged in most of the time? What about when running errands, etc? If you have it off, will your alarm still go off on time?

I really, really want one, mainly just for the apps, but also to use as a PDA-type device. But if the battery only lasts two hours, that doesn't seem like it would work very well.

I'm fairly certain it can last long enough to run a movie, however I haven't tried it. I use it for everything else and it holds a charge just fine. I think if it were in constant use, it would have to be hooked up more often, but for quick uses throughout the day, I haven't had a problem at all.

I use my iPhone that way - I stick it in the kitchen and "watch" reruns on it while I cook, I read through the Kindle app, I stream music through Pandora in the car, I let the kids play Rocket Math and Stack the States on it, I use it to kill time and play games while I'm in between things... Oh, yeah, and it's also my phone.

If I don't plug it in overnight, I am, indeed, out of luck the next day... And I keep a charger hooked up in the car which I occasionally need - especially on trips. But usually it's fine.

Have you looked into the iPad? It does the same stuff, but you won't go blind trying to use it. Also, the battery lasts forever. You can watch movies all day and not need to charge until bedtime.

I have looked into it and love it, but it is 3 times the price of the ipod touch, so I have to decide whether or not I'm willing to wait another year or so until I save up enough for the ipad.j

Thanks everyone!