Menu

Have You Ever Had a Facial?

Long story short, the woman who cuts my hair has changed salons and now works at a spa. I looked up the website to get the phone number so I could book an appointment and got to looking at the services they offer.

I noticed they do many types of facials, and the description of the first one sounds heavenly. I've never had a facial, but I'm sorely tempted to add one to my hair appointment.

Here's the description:

La Grand Classique

deep pore cleansing & restoring

pix_9194c9.gif The most extensive deep pore cleansing ever designed without the risk of irritation. Features a unique 5-step purifying process: warm compress and gentle steam to prepare skin for a softening ampoule before elimination of blackheads; micro-peeling exfoliating ampoule preceding your personalized eye contour mask; 3-zone aroma-effluerage covering the neck, décolleté and shoulders; and finally, a triple clay face and neck purifying and soothing mask. This treatment is personalized for all skin types and conditions. pix_trans.gif

Have you ever had one? Are they as heavenly as they seem? Or is it icky?

astrid

Mine was a long time ago. For the most part it would have been heavenly if my attendant had not talked throughout. Um hello?

The removal of the blackheads was a bit of a surprise. They actually squeezed them out. I was not prepared for that part.

I wouldn't mind another one now come to think of it.

Laura

I have had a few massages over the years and never could understand the thrill. To me, they are not relaxing at all. Then I had my first facial. Ah... Love them! I leave feeling so relaxed and 'at peace' - and my face feels so lovely. The 'fresh' feeling skin lasts quite a while, too, so it is a lingering 'Ah...' feeling. So much better than a massage, in my opinion!

The place I go to --- they also do a mini hand/feet massage with oil and put on heated gloves/socks while they work on your face. This place does a steam session on your face which can be a bit intense/hot, but they are always good about asking if you are okay and/or need the steam reduced or moved a bit away.

I don't get them often because of the cost, but my DH does get me one spa gift certificate a year so I treat myself then. (Our anniversary, Christmas and my birthday are all within a month and DH hates shopping. He gives me a spa certificate so he doesn't have to shop. :D)

I LOVE facials. And wow. Whoever wrote that it's been too long was flipping right. I used to get a facial and a massage every month but I let that go. You know, I need to bring that back.

Astrid, that facial sounds fabulous!!!

Oh baby, it WAS fabulous! Had it today, combined with a haircut. Wow. I think mama's got a new drug, and it's called Lavender Facial. LOVED it. Will definitely be doing it again!

Stay dry, everyone--- we're predicted to get 11 inches of rain as the eye passes right over us in Northwestern Connecticut.

astrid

I used to get facials regularly up until I became a SAHM. The "deep pore cleansing" ones actually are my least favorite type because they seem to be mostly blackhead removal. I would do them before important social events but otherwise I'd go for a traditional facial.

I wish I had the budget for regular facials again :(