Menu

"Today In The Park" videos/mommy wars/funny

And, I'm one of those "crunchy" types ,so I can laugh at myself and othesr I know watching the first one. I remember those days of trying to save the world, unsolicited advice, and not always practicing what I preached. ;)

Juice Box or Bust

Discipline: Mind Your Own Business

Tantrums: "You're Not My Mother"

Sharing: The Special Toy

These are funny, but does the mom in these (the main character) seem a little unpleasant too? I just don't think I would bring a cool toy to a playground and not expect my kid to share it--I feel like I'd be creating a lot of frustration for the other parents whose kids are suddenly really sad because they can't try it. What do you all think--would you do this?

These are funny, but does the mom in these (the main character) seem a little unpleasant too? I just don't think I would bring a cool toy to a playground and not expect my kid to share it--I feel like I'd be creating a lot of frustration for the other parents whose kids are suddenly really sad because they can't try it. What do you all think--would you do this?

Absolutely! Teaching personal boundaries is a GOOD thing. It is quite easy to teach kids to share & most of them do it willingly when they are playing with each other. It's when boundaries are violated that people get upset. I think it's important to teach kids that it's rude to expect to have access to another persons property.

In your scenario, the toy isn't creating frustration, it's the expectations that have been set. Likewise, the kids need to be taught that the world doesn't revolve around them & that they don't need to be sad just because they can't play with a thing. Experiencing that disappointment is a teaching opportunity for those parents. It's up to them whether or not they take it.

Sharing with friends is quite different than sharing with strangers in a park, IMHO.