Menu

What would it cost to get aprofessional house cleaning?

It is so variable from region to region. Also, the organized companies (Merry Maids, etc.) are more expensive than finding an individual. I would ask around for recommendations.

FWIW, my lady (not with a company) comes every other week and charges $115 per visit to clean around 6000 sq. ft. (includes finished basement), 5 bedrooms & 5 1/2 baths. I puffy heart her, because I would be spending way too much time cleaning this ridiculous house.

:iagree: with Holly Bee. I used to clean homes individually 15 years ago (geez! That long?!) and I charged about $75 for homes around your size. I had an individual cleaning my house for about $100 7 years ago (about 4000 sq ft). Larger companies cost more.

As HollyBee said, if you're looking at cleaning services, they're shockingly high in price.

I also recommend asking around and trying to find someone individually - you'll either work out a flat price, or pay by the hour and also figure out if she'll provide product or you will.

I have a lady come in, twice a week, each time for four hours - each week she's $100 (so that works out to $12.50 an hour) and our home is around 5400SF. I provide all cleaning products and supplies (mainly because I am picky about what is used) and she and I worked out a schedule over the first month so that everything is done each week on a normal rotation and the heavy cleaning is part of the monthly rotation within each week.

I had a little local company back when I was working full time - they were less than the big national guys. I paid $55 for a deep cleaning (they wiped down baseboards, cleaned the fan blades, top of the fridge, etc in addition to the normal stuff), or $45 for a normal cleaning. My house is a lot smaller though, only 1600 sq ft.

I would suggest finding an individual to clean your house, rather than going through an agency. When we first moved, I contacted a number of agencies & the rates were absurd. Then, I found someone on Craigslist & she's wonderful. Our house is around 2200 SF & I pay $80. per visit ($125. for periodic deep cleaning).

My house is approximately 2800 sq ft and fairly clutter free. I googled it and was shocked. If it truely as much as it said, how does anyone afford it? What is realistic pricing?

In NJ, you'd pay around $150 a week for that. Or are you talking about a one-time deep clean sort of thing? I think--though I've only ever priced it out once or twice, awhile ago--that would run you $300-$400 at least.

I would suggest finding an individual to clean your house, rather than going through an agency. When we first moved, I contacted a number of agencies & the rates were absurd. Then, I found someone on Craigslist & she's wonderful. Our house is around 2200 SF & I pay $80. per visit ($125. for periodic deep cleaning).

:iagree: Everyone I know who has a cleaning person has gotten the name of their provider from a friend who recommended her (or them--sometimes it's a team). Also, keep your eyes on your local Groupons. I often see Groupons for cleaning services around here, both for a short period of regular service or for a one-time deep clean.

I got a quote for the initial cleaning (after move in including all wood work, floors, bathrooms, etc.) of our house (four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, 3000sq. ft.) at $400. The kids and I cleaned it ourselves and used the money on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge.

I use to have a lady that would clean just my bathrooms and hardwood floors for $50.

It really depends. Most people will give an individual estimate, probably a range over the phone and then solidified when they come out. We have gotten great rates. My old house was $65 every other week. This house is $80 monthly though it's smaller. It probably helps that it is obvious when you walk in that it's not too cluttered and generally kept up. Our current housekeeper says our house is the cleanest of homes with kids in it. Go figure since we also have the most kids.

Anyway, we found both on CL. I called another housekeeper recently. It'd be $100-115 biweekly. BLAH!

BTW, the initial cleaning is always more. I think in our first house it was $115. In this one, it was like $100.

For 2,800 sq ft. I would charge $120-$140 to clean every other week. It depends on what you want done, how much tile, etc.

That is much, much cheaper than the going agency rate.

FWIW, I don't clean any houses that large. Most of mine in around 1,500 sq. ft. So, I don't charge that much. I also have a few elderly clients who get a discounted rate because I don't think anyone should live in a dirty house because they can't clean it themselves. I have an hourly minimum I use for them.

HTH