Menu

Does anyone not use a screen protector on their Ipad?

I bought a screen protector for my Ipad from Amazon. It is a Power Support HD Non Glare? I think I am sending it back. I might possibly buy the Power Support Crystal Clear one. I have a white Ipad and I think the non glare one will look weird. But, I am leaning towards not getting any screen protector. I have done alot of checking online. Alot of people have opted to using a cleaner and microfiber cloth instead. I bought the Monster cleaner and cloth made specifically for the Ipad. I also read that Apple has removed all screen protectors for all Apple products out of their stores, that they were really not necessary. I really like the look and feel of the screen without the protector. I am afraid it will lose clarity and feel too different without the screen protector. Any thoughts on this?

No screen protector on my iPad or my super old iPhone. No issues or special cleaning products. I occasionally wipe fingerprints with my t-shirt. Rarely I swipe it with a cloth with the teesiest bit of windex. No scratches on either device. No hazy screens.

Almost the same. But mine has a scratch. Perhaps storing it under my pillow, or in the crack between the wall and bed wasn't the best plan. I did this for over a year, and never had any case or protection of any kind. I also let my little boys use it. And now only one scratch.

I now have a nice case that let's me close it like a book.

No screen protector on my iPad or my super old iPhone. No issues or special cleaning products. I occasionally wipe fingerprints with my t-shirt. Rarely I swipe it with a cloth with the teesiest bit of windex. No scratches on either device. No hazy screens.

This is what I do. It has held up remarkably well. No scratches at all.

None here. In fact, Apple recommends against the use of a screen protector on the website. I only know this because I checked two months ago... best Buy tried to sell a protector and installation for a boatload of money, but I was dubious. I have talked to several users now who did have them, and took it off as it reduced performance and dulled the gorgeous crispness of the screen. I do have one of those cool folding magnetic covers though.

I am afraid it will lose clarity and feel too different without the screen protector.

I have a Zagg screen protector on my iPad. It does feel different, they even remark about it on their website:

The authentic invisibleSHIELD film features Nano-Memory technology, which is visible as a very subtle texture in the surface of the film.

I like (and prefer) the very slightly textured feel. My kids, however, complain when they play certain games on it (that necessitate fast, continuous swiping).

I have not noticed a discernable difference in the clarity.

Mine too.

Mine has a teeny tiny scratch that can't be seen except when it is off. It fell off the side of the my chair and scraped on the rocks of the fireplace. I felt like puking when it happened until I turned it over and didn't see any damage. Whew.

I have a Zagg screen protector on my iPad. It does feel different, they even remark about it on their website:

The authentic invisibleSHIELD film features Nano-Memory technology, which is visible as a very subtle texture in the surface of the film.

I like (and prefer) the very slightly textured feel. My kids, however, complain when they play certain games on it (that necessitate fast, continuous swiping).

I have not noticed a discernable difference in the clarity.

I use this sheild too. My big dog jumps on it from time to time though, because she knows that will get my attention, so I need a protector. It does not change anything. Of course I plan to sell it back to the company and buy a new one when the iPad 3 comes out, so I need it to stay very nice.