Menu

Winter Coat

I'm looking for a coat (and apparently it doesn't exist :001_huh: I really don't think I"m asking for too much!) These are the requirements:

- Repel water

- Warm

- Attached hood

- Be appropriate for camping and for going to Target

- Thinking three seasons would be best since it would get me through all possible coldness (I'm a wimp.)

-Long enough to cover my rear-end (that's the coldest part, you know:lol:) but not go to my knees (see camping requirement above.)

- Be able to wear winter clothes underneath (what's the deal with coats that are so tight that they only allow you to fit a tank top underneath -- it's cold outside!)

I've been looking for over five years. I don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to meet my needs because I'll probably be using it for a long time. Each year I look and each year I'm disappointed so I end up just using my comfortable $10 windbreaker from Wal-Mart. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

I was going to suggest Lands' End as well.

After our 2nd hand Lands' End jacket finally started showing wear, DH found a very nice one that met all of his needs and we bit the bullet and ordered it.

I have seen jackets that fit all of your criteria there.

Dawn

It's not you, it's your location!! Come on up north and you'll have a massive variety of coats, except here, we have coats for ALL seasons, and I don't mean the same coat either! We have separate coats for fall, winter, really winter, spring, and summer (yep, summer nights at the lake get cold).

Good luck with your shopping!! And don't ask me about how hard it is to find age-appropriate summer wear up here! LOL:lol:

Do you have a Bass Pro nearby? This is a good price, not sure if it's nice enough to wear to Target..?

http://www.basspro.com/Natural-Reflections-Radiance-Anorak-ParkaStyle-Jackets-for-Ladies/product/10205751/-1648805

That would be perfect if it would keep me warm in cold/winter weather, too! But, WOW -- for that price I might need to get it anyway! Thanks for taking the time to look!