Menu

It's raining!!!

It has been so long since we have seen rain. My two girls went outside to walk in it -- my 11yo and 18yo. We have had 40 days of highs over 100. The record for our are is 42. It has not hit 100 yet today. It may yet. We may still break the record.

I really don't care about the record.

I would love more rain. It just stopped. :sad:

It has been so long since we have seen rain. My two girls went outside to walk in it -- my 11yo and 18yo. We have had 40 days of highs over 100. The record for our are is 42. It has not hit 100 yet today. It may yet. We may still break the record.

I really don't care about the record.

I would love more rain. It just stopped. :sad:

Wow. That was the fastest change of emotion from start to finish I've ever witnessed in a post! :D

I don't envy y'all in TX. I see those 100+ temps day after blistering day. We've had shorter spells and it really wilts me, but a solid month of that. Sheesh! I'd be catatonic.

Linda, are you in DFW? I don't think we're going to break the record. It's only 95 and I stated, "it's cool with a breeze." In my defense, I did state that before I knew the temp. Anyway, my kids are LOVING it. Good thing cuz I'm miserably sick.

Anyway, I would love some rain. Are you up north of here? They said something about rain closer to the OK border, but even in Cook county.

Linda, are you in DFW? I don't think we're going to break the record. It's only 95 and I stated, "it's cool with a breeze." In my defense, I did state that before I knew the temp. Anyway, my kids are LOVING it. Good thing cuz I'm miserably sick.

Anyway, I would love some rain. Are you up north of here? They said something about rain closer to the OK border, but even in Cook county.

LOL, I thought the same thing!

Sorry, it took so long to answer. I just got back on. For some reason I had to go take care of family.

Yes, I'm in the southwestern part of DFW. And you are right, we did not break the record. Were you here in '80 when the record was set? That was my first summer in DFW. I was young and working my first job out of college. My upstairs apartment had a barely working air conditioner that could not really keep up.