Menu

What school supplies did you buy?

I wait until everything goes on clearance after the start of the school year, then I stock up. :)

The only things I've bought at this point are a stack of soft-cover composition books. They have plastic covers and are really nice, but they were on sale last weekend for $1 a piece.

My oldest has to pick up her books at the college bookstore this week, so she'll probably grab what she needs there. I'll just shop for the younger three this year.

I haven't yet, but I'm always in the market for Crayola markers, wet erase markers, lined paper, and quality scissors.

Also I like to buy rolls of tape and glue sticks, even though we're never in danger of becoming even remotely low on either. When the "revolution" comes, everyone else will have canned foods and toilet tissue, and my family will be creating tape sculptures or glueing each others cheeks shut. Can't stop the madness, though.

I haven't yet, but I'm always in the market for Crayola markers, wet erase markers, lined paper, and quality scissors.

Also I like to buy rolls of tape and glue sticks, even though we're never in danger of becoming even remotely low on either. When the "revolution" comes, everyone else will have canned foods and toilet tissue, and my family will be creating tape sculptures or glueing each others cheeks shut. Can't stop the madness, though.

:lol:

Glue sticks (2/25¢), colored pencils (99¢), some composition books (20¢), spiral bound notebooks (20¢), and construction paper ($1). I also picked up some more Scotch tape and a couple packages of dry-erase markers, plus a package of those new dry erase crayons to give a try.

-Crayola crayons (for DS5's supply box at co-op)

-Two boxes of .10 crayons (figure would be good for donation at some point)

-Two .1 rulers....I dunno, but hey they were 1 cent!

-Binders x4.....I have a huge binder collection, binders make me happy/giddy, but these are the kind of with a clear cover you can insert into....and 1 1/2 inchers....1.60 each :)))).

-Wanting some composition books but thinking they will go on clearance or cheaper in the next few weeks, and you know, .40 isn't cheap enough already :).

-Will probably pick up glue sticks, because well, apparently I have a need for a HUGE glue collection. I buy them every year, even though we have a stash for infinity already. They are never on my list but somehow make it to the checkout because they are so darn cheap!

***What I am really needing this year is true craft supplies, ie paint, feathers, colored sand, etc. Course these rarely go on sale, so I am week by week collecting what I need with the Michaels/Hobby Lobby coupons :).

All I have bought so far are pencils and pink erasers. Those little erasers on the pencils just do not last in my dd's hands. :glare:

At some point I need to get lined paper, printer paper, and I'm not sure what else. I'll probably pick up some stuff when the leftovers go on clearance.

Some boxes of Crayola crayons

6 boxes of Crayola Twistables (best crayons EVER....thanks to TRU's Buy 1, Get 3 sale, I got 6 boxes for the price of 2! They usually sell for about $5 each)

Too many glue sticks

A few bottles of glue

A few 3 pronged folders from Wal Mart

Some magazine bins (to hold folders) from Target's Dollar Spot

Animal flash cards from Target's Dollar Spot (we use these to cut up for animal projects)

Some 5 pocket file folders from Target's Dollar Spot...wish I could find more but they seem to be out

Erasers that fit on the top of your pencil

Primary composition book

2 pair of kids scissors

a teacher pointer from Target's Dollar Spot

cardstock (not on sale)

pencil holder containers (not on sale)

several packs of index cards from Wal Mart

poster tape

a boxes each of Crayola markers and colored pencils

big pack of test tubes (not on sale)

label maker (not on sale)

Crayola water colors x2

Crayola model magic (not on sale)

primary sentence strips (not on sale)

Whew! I just need some binder clips, a new stapler, push pins, two more of those 5 pocket file folders from Target, and a new pack of Sharpies....and I'll be ready!

ETA....all this stuff is NOT just for this year. This stuff should last me at least a few years. So next year I won't be shopping this much LOL.

:( Nothing. But I almost bought a notebook today. The cover had the Sesame Street gang on it and said 'I learned everything I need to know from Sesame Street'. :tongue_smilie: But then I saw it was $2.50 and I put it back down. That's a bit steep for a single subject notebook.