Menu

Rainbow Resource website- has this been discussed?

plain jane

What on earth is up with the RR website lately? :willy_nilly:

Now, I know they've been doing site upgrades and maintenance etc. but now it's a *complete* mess- at least for me. :confused:

I can't even access the bargain bin section (my fave part of the RR shopping experience :D) and nothing is displaying properly. :glare:

Ugh! Not only have I found it incredibly hard to find things on their new site (things I know they sold, but key words don't seem to bring them up in their search bar) but now I can't even get anything to display properly.

I'm so frustrated and tempted to order elsewhere, but I can't get everything I need in one place elsewhere.

Guess this is what I get for not having placed my order sooner. :glare:

**UPDATE** Called RR and my frustrations with the site are not in my head. lol. They upgraded last Tuesday and their site is no longer compatible with Google Chrome, which is what I use. Guess that explains why not everyone is as frustrated with the site as I am. :P

Edited by plain jane

It drives me crazy too. I didn't find it particularly organized before, but now it's even worse. Half the time the pictures won't load up for me, and their search engine seems only semi-functional. For example, if I go in and type "Handwriting Without Tears", it gives me a few HWOT items intermingled with several other handwriting program materials. And for crying out loud, if I type "globe" in the search engine, perhaps it would be best if the actual, physical globes they offer came up FIRST and not on the second page of search returns.

I was able to find the bulk of what I needed this year on Amazon. Most of it was comparable in price, but I have a Prime account, so shipping was fast and free. I didn't need $150 worth of stuff from Rainbow. I *could* have ordered that much from them if they didn't have their stupid return policy about digital media being non-returnable even if it's unopened. I got burned on that big time last year, so this year Amazon got my business for the curric I needed that contained DVDs. I paid approximately $20 more for it, but it's nice to know I can return the unopened DVDs (on Amazon's dime, to boot) if I look through the books and decide it won't be a good fit.

Edited by LemonPie

Well I figured out the problem.

RR updated their site last Tuesday and it's no longer compatible with Google Chrome (for the time being at least). :glare:

That explains a lot. :glare: Ugh.

My Mac hates Safari so I guess I'm off to download Firefox.

FRUSTRATING!!! Anyways, I'm glad I decided to just call and ask them when they were going to fix the site rather than waiting. :tongue_smilie:

I tried and tried yesterday to get into my Wish List, but nothing came up. I called customer service, and the nice lady who answered could see the list, but not get it to come up, either.

Today I thought about using CAPSLOCK to put in my username, and that did bring up my Wish List -- from two years ago. I already have all these items.

We don't have any urgency for ordering items, since we won't start a new school year in August or September. But I imagine that many people DO begin then, and so are ordering NOW. This can't be good for RR's business.

I hope people will persist and order from them, I can't imagine them not being around as we continue to homeschool. :001_huh:

Wow, that is interesting about Chrome. Had it, hated it and gave up on it. I now use Firefox and have been very happy with it so far. No more problems :).

I have found the new website much easier to navigate, thankfully. It is new though so we should give them some time to figure out all the bugs. It is good letting them know when we are having problems (I have, with the last changes they did) so that they can work on them. The side bar is so much more useful now and the pages open much faster for me. I am not even bothering too much with the search engine anymore and I used to used it more than the side bar before because the side bar used to drive me crazy. I have an order to place in October and I am looking forward to it with the new changes.

Hope the problems are resolved soon for those of you having problems :(.

Edited by Guest

Well I figured out the problem.

RR updated their site last Tuesday and it's no longer compatible with Google Chrome (for the time being at least). :glare:

That explains a lot. :glare: Ugh.

My Mac hates Safari so I guess I'm off to download Firefox.

FRUSTRATING!!! Anyways, I'm glad I decided to just call and ask them when they were going to fix the site rather than waiting. :tongue_smilie:

I was having trouble, too, in Chrome. I was about to complain, then I tried opening it it IE (hate IE!). Then I tried again in Chrome, and it's working fine now :confused:.

I was having trouble, too, in Chrome. I was about to complain, then I tried opening it it IE (hate IE!). Then I tried again in Chrome, and it's working fine now :confused:.

Ok, now that is weird. :001_huh: I'll have to see if maybe it works on a PC vs my Mac. It's possible this is all my Mac's fault, given its track record. :glare: :lol:

The lady at RR told me they knew their website wasn't displaying in Chrome but that they had much bigger problems to deal with than that right now (said with a nervous chuckle on her part).

All these website issues can't be good for business. :( I really like RR and hope that they can get this all sorted out.

The lady at RR told me they knew their website wasn't displaying in Chrome but that they had much bigger problems to deal with than that right now (said with a nervous chuckle on her part).

For every transaction we put through there is a background process on the receiving end. Rainbow has both these two interfaces to deal with. Also, staff has to be trained with the new format now and it takes some time for people to get used to something new. It may have something to do with what she meant.

ETA: I don't work for Rainbow (thought I would clarify that :lol:). I am just making some assumptions.

Edited by Guest

I use Google Chrome and Rainbow Resources displays and searches just fine. The site seems better the new way although I would improve the category function IMO. The category function still seems the same to me though.

Yes, until you click on a category. Then you get on the side bar what you used to get up at the top, which really looked messy before IMHO. It looks so much more professional now and seems to pull related items much better. Try it :)!

Edited by Guest

Yes, until you click on a category. Then you get on the side bar what you used to get up at the top which really looked messy before IMHO. It looks so much more professional now and seems to pull related items much better. Try it :)!

:iagree: I do like the sidebar. I guess what I mean by category is that when I click on full math curriculum, singapore does not come up as a choice which I think is:001_huh:. I would expect it to show up in that category. I did a search and found it just fine though:) I have found that before with their categories.

:iagree: I do like the sidebar. I guess what I mean by category is that when I click on full math curriculum, singapore does not come up as a choice which I think is:001_huh:. I would expect it to show up in that category. I did a search and found it just fine though:) I have found that before with their categories.

Try this:

- Mathematics

- Comprehensive Programs All Grades

- Singapore Math

You then get the breakdown of all the Singapore Math offerings :D.

Ack!!! I *was* my Mac. :glare:

Not sure why but it was having some sort of Mac/Chrome thing going on. I restarted the browser after rebooting the computer and it's displaying the website properly now.

Woohoo! Off to shop!! :auto: greenstars.gif

Loads in Firefox now and my wishlist is there (Whew! I do need some of those things--and soon!). Still not loading properly in Chrome.

:thumbup: That's good news!

I'm sorry it's not working for you! I actually just did my order and found it all to work well. I did have a few hiccups with pictures loading, but would just look on amazon if need be. I did well in the bargain bin as 5 of the things I was wanting were in there, saving me over $20. And the worst item had a bent corner in the cover...big deal :D

Hope it starts working for you!