Menu

Around the World in 80 Days - classic?

ILL? Our closest library is small and can't buy lots of new, but they can get us anything. Old and mildew-scented books are the worst. I can't read them in bed...they have cooties. :(

I hope you can find it within your system. It would be sad if you can't. :( So many deep cuts to library systems. It's terrible.

Edited by LibraryLover

No ILL? Our closest library is small and can't buy lots of new, but they can get us anything. Old and mildew-scented books are the worst. I can't read them in bed...they have cooties. :(

I hope you can find it within your system. It would be sad if you can't. :( So many deep cuts to library systems. It's terrible.

Yeah, they offer ILL services but I hate to go to all that hassle. I haven't encountered friendly staff so if the library doesn't have something I need, I head to Amazon. My library is really pushing eBooks. I just discovered a feature they offer, a link to Tumble Readables, an online read-along book collection for kids. I think it looks cool, but I hope that doesn't become the norm. I just miss the days of spending a few hours at the library. Now, it seems like they are really encouraging people to do everyone online. I wish I had room in my house for books. I love my Kindle, but that doesn't mean I want all of my books to be electronic.