Menu

Could you indulge me in the "hair cut" game?

I need a dramatic change. I'm tired of myself. I usually wear my hair pulled back, and actually like the way it looks in a french twist. I like that tidy, elegant look.

But I sort of want a change.

How about a chin length - or slightly longer than chin length - bob? With or without bangs? My hairdresser is great, but she never seems to want to actually cut my hair on the short side when I suggest it. If I ask her, she will suggest taking it to the shoulders. Do you think she's like this because shorter hair would be a mistake on me?

PS: I know my lipstick is all messed up, I just asked my boy to snap a shot, so that's what we got:)

She may be thinking that, but she may also think you prefer to wear it up. I'd say go for a cut around chin length with some layers. It's very liberating and just somehow joyful to have a whole new you for the summer. And it grows back if it isn't what you want.

Post us before and after pictures if you're up to it.

It worked. :001_smile: And you have beautiful hair. Looking at your picture, I'd say your stylist is chicken. I grew mine out years ago and couldn't get my regular stylist to cut more than a few inches at a time. Turns out, lots of ladies or their husbands can be upset over the loss. You'll look beautiful long or short or anywhere in between.

GO for it.

But first, try another hairdresser, one that your friends just LOVE. Not just tolerate. Yours should be used when you're just getting a trim or something. And be prepared to pay a bit more - they're worth it when you're chaning your style.

Just be sure to check around and maybe even stop in and watch her "do" a style and see how pleased the customer is when she's done. It's worth the extra effort.

When getting a cut, it's all about the stylist, I think.

Do you know of any other good hairdressers? Sometimes you need somebody who is not used to you looking a certain way although I know changing hairdressers can be traumatic. My hair is in need of a re-do too, but I REALLY love pulling my hair up in the summer or wearing a baseball hat to the pool. Post the pictures of your new do.

Definitely go for it! I've found that a lot of stylists are reluctant to cut hair short even if I assure them I won't cry! ;) I agree with Tammyla that it may be because some people (or their husbands) are not happy when it is short. I can't wait to see what you do!

I found a great stylist by looking at ladies in the grocery store and other places, and asking them who cut their hair. When I found a woman who's eyes just lit up at the question, and she had an amazing cut (though not my style) I knew I needed to try her stylist. Now I just go in and let the stylist do whatever she wants... she is that great. The bob (and versions of it) is the hottest cut going- and you would look great in one!

I think a bob would look great on you. I like the idea of wispy bangs too (not just a severe, straight-line type of bangs). I think your hairdresser is just being chicken.

As someone else mentioned, maybe it's time to try a new hairdresser. Sometimes it's nice to get a new perspective on things. I'd definitely look for someone good, even though that often means pricier too.

Have fun! I love getting my hair cut, lol. (I just got it cut yesterday. I wore mine super-duper short for soooooooo many years. For the past year or so, I've been growing it so that I could do something different w/ it. It finally was down to about the bottom of my neck -- and driving me nuts. I got a short bob yesterday myself -- it's long enough to tuck behind my ears, and the back is actually shorter than the front. I'm happy!)

Wow! You are gorgeous! I imagine you could wear most any style you like, but since you like an elegant look I agree that you would look fantastic with a bob...soft ends, not blunt cut...maybe very slightly shorter in back.

And please post pics! :001_smile::lurk5:

I think you would look great with a chin length bob. I think maybe a longer, sweeping bang. With a longer bang, it would be more of a style and you could always put them behind your ear or pin them back when necessary. One question though, is your hair naturally curly or wavy? If so, she may notice you wear your hair straight and she knows the shorter the hair the more work to straighten. Otherwise, go for it....you are beautiful.:)