Menu

Best Protective Kindle Case?

My kids enjoy reading on our kindle as do I, and I'd really like a case to protect it. It came as a gift with the Amazon one which has been a total failure - one prong broke off inside the Kindle (where it is still trapped) and the device slides off the other ones.

Thanks for links!

:iagree: I have the same case, in black, and really like it, especially the ability to prop it up while reading at the table. I bought mine at Target, so perhaps you could go to a store and see it in person. Speck products are pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the thread is a bit old, but I had to search far and wide to find a case that seemed genuinely protective with small children, so I'm throwing out what I found.

We have an otterbox for dh's iPhone, and that has been *awesome* - we don't think twice about how we use it, or worry about little hands getting a hold of it, and it's been dropped so many times, but still works perfectly. I wanted equivalent protection for my Kindle, but unfortunately the Kindle otterbox just isn't nearly as good, so my search began.

I ended up getting the KlearKase (horrid spelling, but awesome case :thumbup:), which is hard, clear plastic that completely encases the Kindle (with silicone covers for the keys that maintain good functionality), and is water resistant. I coupled that with a Belkin neoprene sleeve for the Kindle 2 (the klearkase adds a 1/4" on each side, so the encased k3 is just about exactly the size of the k2) to store it in when not in use. The only thing that would make it better would be to add a silicone skin to the kindle before putting it in the klearkase (for added impact protection), which I might do in the future - looks like you have 2mm of clearance on all sides.

I've been leaving the kindle out where my dc can get it (and they do, bringing it over to me all. the. time.), and let dd5 use it, and not a single problem - it feels very secure, and holds up well. I just don't feel that a non-enclosed case could protect the kindle nearly as well around small children.

Dh and I have these covers for our Kindles. We absolutely love them. We love having the lights attached, and the cases really do protect the device. They are a little pricey, but IMO are completely worth the cost.

I have this case, also. I love it! The built in light is great!

I need a case for mine. I am on my third Kindle (!) in two months. I wish I could say it was my kids that keep breaking them, but both times it was my fault. :tongue_smilie:

i've done in one, and both younger dds have done in two a piece.... since christmas.....

sigh....

Dh and I have these covers for our Kindles. We absolutely love them. We love having the lights attached, and the cases really do protect the device. They are a little pricey, but IMO are completely worth the cost.

I believe this case has caused cracks in the bottom two inside corners of my Kindle.