Menu

Netflix streaming only or huluplus

Which would you choose?  

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Netflix
    • Huluplus

Ok, if you have to choose which would be your choice.

We mainly watch movies on netflix but the kids watch some tv type stuff also. I am about to have it reinstated or discontinue it and sub. to huluplus.

When you vote if you have time to post why you prefer one over the other?

Well, I think we use Netflix more, but that is partly because it is the summer and reruns are on.

Once we get rid of our DVRs (this Saturday!), and once the new seasons begin, I will be relying on HuluPlus for my regular shows.

Dawn

Do you like one better or use one more than the other?

Netflix has the older movies that my kids prefer, can stream to Wii, and just seems to have more variety.

We use Hulu for catching new episodes if we miss something, but don't have plus.

Can you stream regular Hulu on the Roku?

We use Netflix streaming on our Wii, but we also have a program called PlayOn that allows us to stream Hulu and many other websites (like YouTube, or CBS.com) to our television, without having to pay for HuluPlus. Basically it just turns our computer into a transmitter to our Wii through the Wii's wifi. So we get all our new shows when they come on Hulu, and have all the older shows we want on Netflix. I think there is plenty on standard Hulu for us, and we LOVE our Netflix streaming.

Well, I think we use Netflix more, but that is partly because it is the summer and reruns are on.

Once we get rid of our DVRs (this Saturday!), and once the new seasons begin, I will be relying on HuluPlus for my regular shows.

Dawn

Do you watch some shows that are only on Hulu Plus? All the ones we watch have the last four or five episodes available free without Hulu Plus. I didn't know some weren't!

Well, it may be that they are available on regular Hulu. I haven't checked.

If they are and if we can stream through Roku, that might be a better option.

I know HuluPlus does have entire seasons and even all seasons of some shows.

Dawn

Do you watch some shows that are only on Hulu Plus? All the ones we watch have the last four or five episodes available free without Hulu Plus. I didn't know some weren't!