Menu

Dry Erase Crayons

They could get on hands or in nails if the child digs into them. You do have to press down to erase. Both my kids can erase without problem though it's not as easy as markers. I actually like they don't smear/erase easily so that hasn't been a problem here. I like them because they have no nasty chemicals/fumes at a relatively cheap price. We use the crayons instead of markers now and, in fact, I threw the markers away after a while.

edited to add: I do have Crayola and didn't try any other brands.

Edited by sbgrace

We LOVE them. Normally I don't splurge on non-necessity things like this, but I threw caution to the wind and now... we're not using the markers at all anymore. The colors are bold, they don't smear easily (you can smear them, but it takes some effort) and while it's a little harder to wipe off, I find that a bonus. We don't lose parts of what we're working on because someone accidently touches the board ;)

Thanks for the reviews! I bought them and think that they are perfect for a lefty. It still smears a tiny bit, but it's much better than when he writes with markers. He can erase them with the eraser mitt by himself. I got the crayola brand. $4 for 8 crayons - yikes!! But I was too impatient to wait for a sale.

We use them here and at work. They are not dry erase though no matter what the label says. We use damp rags to wipe the board after use because they do not erase easily. They do not smudge easily either which is a bonus for those of us with lefties.