Menu

my son was baptized this week

Zach has asperger's,adhd,and some anxiety issues-so even with meds sometimes his behavior can be erratic at best-you never know what you'll get. Well back last year he told our "preacher" that he wanted to be baptized. We've been making sure he understood what it meant and worked with making sure he could handle the whole situation (if that makes sense)-and finally came up with a date and it happened this week. He was a little ansy when the whole service started but once it got going and he had to speak his lines he was fine--he asked questions and Miss Helen (our rector) answered them beautifully (one of the ladies commented after the service that it made her heart glad to see zach asking those questions because it helped remind everyone else the answers too).....he let her sprinkle him with water and when she presented him to the church he said "NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE PARTY AND THE CAKE!" when it was time for communion and the cup came around he said "WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE'S SALIVA!?" (I wanted to melt lol) I told him to just dip the bread and he would be fine-he didn't buy it (smarty pants LOL)--but he went along with it-he was the 2nd in line so he only got daddy's germs that night LOL-I was sooo worried we would get up there and he would do something silly or maybe even tantrum or bolt for the door (he hates being center of attention) but he did wonderfully and we are sooo proud of him---(oh and it was an episcopal service).....

I tried LOL we put his patch on later in the day so it would hopefully be in his system well enough and we had gone over what he had to say a few days before....and I had sat him down a couple of times and talked about it.....even his dad commented on how good he was that evening.... :001_smile: