Menu

How did you come up with a name for your blog?

I don't actually blog much but the name of mine is "This is my story, this is my song", which is a line from one of my favorite old hymns. I had actually done an altered hymnal for a scrapbook contest that dealt with my progressive hearing loss by the same title that chronicled the story of my life with different hymns and worship songs to represent different time periods or events in my past. It seemed appropriate to continue the theme in my blog.

Mine is Supratentorial. The tentorium is the membrane that celebrates the cerebellum from the cerebrum. When doctors think that a patient is imagining their symptoms they will say that they think the symptoms are "supratentorial" (above the tentorium, in the cerebrum or thinking part of the brain). It's a way to say that it's "all in their head" without the patient knowing. It's not very nice, but I always thought it was a cool word.

It just kind of popped into my head as being a neat word that expressed what I wanted my blog to be (what's in my head) and that fit me personally.

By brainstorming with online homeschool friends (on email lists and facebook), and then asking folks widely (again, email lists and facebook) once I'd narrowed it down to the top three. My blog is called Educating Risa, an obvious pun on the movie Educating Rita, and yes, my name really is Risa. :D

Mine is Supratentorial. The tentorium is the membrane that celebrates the cerebellum from the cerebrum. When doctors think that a patient is imagining their symptoms they will say that they think the symptoms are "supratentorial" (above the tentorium, in the cerebrum or thinking part of the brain). It's a way to say that it's "all in their head" without the patient knowing. It's not very nice, but I always thought it was a cool word.

It just kind of popped into my head as being a neat word that expressed what I wanted my blog to be (what's in my head) and that fit me personally.

That cerebrum is sooooooo cheesy. The cerebellum is AWESOME! :lol:

My <lame, unupdated> blog name came from a slur from my sister in law. (She called me a knitting, geeking, loser)

I named mine after one of my favorite books - I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. The blog is about children's books (including YA, which that book basically is) as well as homeschooling so it tied that in. As well, while the book's title is obviously a play on a chess move, the word "capture" in the title doesn't mean seize, it means to capture like in a sketch, in this case a written one. So I named mine I Capture the Rowhouse, because we don't live in a castle and I'm trying to capture our homeschooling life.

Mine is called "Just Another Day In Paradise." It's a take off on the Phil Vassar song by the same name.....here's the lyrics:

The kids screaming, phone ringing

Dog barking at the mailman bringing

That stack of bills - overdue

Good morning baby, how are you?

Got a half hour, quick shower

Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour

My funny face makes you laugh

Twist the top on and I put it back

There goes the washing machine

Baby, don't kick it.

I promise I'll fix it

Long about a million other things

Well, it's ok. It's so nice

It's just another day in paradise

Well, there's no place that

I'd rather be

Well, it's two hearts

And one dream

I wouldn't trade it for anything

And I ask the Lord every night

For just another day in paradise

Friday, you're late

Guess we'll never make our dinner date

At the restaurant you start to cry

Baby, we'll just improvise

Well, plan B looks like

Dominoes' pizza in the candle light

Then we'll tippy toe to our room

Make a little love that's overdue

But somebody had a bad dream

Mama and daddy

Can me and my teddy

Come in to sleep in between?

Yeah it's ok. It's so nice.

It's just another day in paradise.

I'd rather be

Well, it's two hearts

And one dream

Well, it's ok. It's so nice.

It's just another day in paradise.

I'd rather be

Two hearts

And one dream

Well, it's the kids screaming. The phone ringing

Just another day

Well, it's Friday. You're late

Oh yeah, it's just another day in paradise

My "old" one (I don't update really anymore), Twilight and Sunrise, came from the idea that I wanted to blog about the good and the not so good in our lives. My son was then in a residential treatment center called Sunrise. Here's an explanation. THis was written a long time ago.

I stink at names.

My current blog's name is "Mama'ing Again: Starting this parenting thing all over again!" (In March, we were licensed for fostering. We currently have five children ages 5mo to 5yrs).

One blog, I was thinking of naming "The Flower Pot" as in "blooming idiot." Some people didn't think that was very positive. LOL

Edited by 2J5M9K