Menu

I finally bought a Kindle!

You will love it. I ♥ my Kindle! One of my favorite things about it is being able to preorder a book and then it magically appearing the day of its release. I thought I would miss paper books, but honestly, I don't. I like being able to carry hundreds (and I literally have hundreds) of books around with me. If I'm not in the mood for a particular book, I can pick a new one. I can even browse for new ones my Kindle, buy it and have it in 60 seconds. Yay Kindle!

I know you'll love it! I am asking for a Nook for my August b.day!

I had a hard time choosing. I might just ask for a Nook for Christmas (or my b-day in October).

You will love it. I ♥ my Kindle! One of my favorite things about it is being able to preorder a book and then it magically appearing the day of its release. I thought I would miss paper books, but honestly, I don't. I like being able to carry hundreds (and I literally have hundreds) of books around with me. If I'm not in the mood for a particular book, I can pick a new one. I can even browse for new ones my Kindle, buy it and have it in 60 seconds. Yay Kindle!

That's a big part of what I'm looking forward to. I often have a few minutes here and there to read. Now I don't have to choose what I might feel like reading in advance.

I have the free app on my ipod and I love it. I love to that I am downloading books to it and dh took it to work with him today.. that is so cool to me LOL.

I don't think I'll be letting it go to work with dh for a while. Good thing he's not much into reading or technology.

just a fyi. we hava a nook. i didn't realize you could get on internet on the things. i guess i didn't think about it too hard. anyway, beware cuz the kids can access anything on it. i found out hard way.

angel

I did notice it had something called a web kit. I don't expect much. It might be nice to try new recipes by bringing the Kindle into the kitchen instead of printing them out.

I did notice it had something called a web kit. I don't expect much. It might be nice to try new recipes by bringing the Kindle into the kitchen instead of printing them out.

Replying to myself. :tongue_smilie:

I've had my kindle since Tuesday. I love it!! :001_wub:

It fits neatly in my purse (where it's going to live) and I can finally read some of the free stuff I've downloaded to Kindle PC.

It's mine. My kids are fascinated by it, but I will just plan to eventually buy another 1 (or 2...). This one's mine. I share just about everything else in this house--especially technology. Until now. :D

Oh yeah, and the web browser definitely leaves something to be desired.

Browsing amazon's Kindle store sure is easy though!

I was a little surprised it doesn't have a touch screen. They must be saving that for a future generation. :tongue_smilie:

I've had my kindle since Tuesday. I love it!! :001_wub:

It's mine. My kids are fascinated by it, but I will just plan to eventually buy another 1 (or 2...). This one's mine. I share just about everything else in this house--especially technology. Until now. :D

Oh yeah, and the web browser definitely leaves something to be desired.

I was a little surprised it doesn't have a touch screen. They must be saving that for a future generation. :tongue_smilie:

Glad you love it. I love mine too! Funny, we moms share so much but we almost universally say "MINE" when it comes to our ereaders. :D

I like that the web browser isn't full fledged. I don't want the distraction of being able to go online and browse around while I'm in the middle of a book.

People have mixed feelings about the touch screen. I can see both sides. And I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation has one. However, the K3 is only about a year old, so it will probably by a while. Also, Amazon is currently working on a tablet so that too might put off the Kindle upgrade.

If you haven't seen this, this is a great link for free books http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/154606011/ref=pd_ts_zgc_kinc_154606011_more?pf_rd_p=1276270382&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=1286228011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QB18746F6FFK10NJYQP It has the top 100 free books. You have a wade through some that might be to your reading standards but I have found a lot of great books on there for free. I have yet to pay for a book on my kindle--well, on my droid that has a kindle app.

honestly you don't want a touch screen! The screen is so clean and crisp, being e-ink, that you don't want it all smeared up with fingers. You want to keep it clean!