Menu

Anybody heard anything about the rating of the new Harry Potter movie?

I'm getting a bit nervous. Tickets are now for sale, but it still doesn't have a rating. I was talking to a friend and we're afraid that they're having to fight for a PG-13 rating (as opposed to R). I've heard rumors that it would be rated R, but I've never believed them. I just can't believe that the filmmakers would want it to be R. Anyone heard/read anything about what's going on with the rating?

I just re-read the last book this weekemd. It seems that the deaths aren't bloody but quick. I sure hope it is pg -13.

I've noticed that scenes which are quick in the books are ones that tend to be extended in the movies because they are most suitable for film, more visual, like the fight with the basilisk in Chamber of Secrets or the when Lupin transforms into a werewolf in Prisoner of Azkaban. How scenes are portrayed in the books aren't always good indicators of how the story will translate to film.

I do agree with those above who think it will be PG-13, though, for the various reasons that have been stated.