Menu

So this is my first RR order........

kesmom

I know that RR is not Amazon but I'm wondering what to expect regarding the order I placed last week. Will I get a shipping notice? Which shipping service do they use? I'm also trying to figure out if I need to be here for the delivery.

I'm excited!!!

LOVE RR! The "worst" part of ordering is the waiting. ;) You do not need to be home, the postman will leave it on your doorstep. My experience has been that RR sends me an email notifying me that my shipment is on its way and USUALLY it comes on that day. Not EVERY time, but most of the time (just didn't want to set the expectation TOO high!). :001_smile:

Have fun and enjoy!

I love RR because they have so much for sale and the prices are great. However, my experience with their shipping left a lot to be desired. It took two weeks to get to my house. One thing was backordered so they waited on it (I didn't receive notice of this). It didn't come in so they still sent the package without it. I shouldn't complain about free shipping, but I REALLY wanted my stuff and I am not patient! :D They are a great company, but just don't get too excited about your stuff. It might take awhile!!!!!

I've used RR for nearly 10 years, and have never had a bad experience! :)

I just ordered from them three weeks ago. Most of my order left the warehouse in less than a week. One back-ordered item arrived 5 days afterward.

They ship USPS or UPS. (Usually it arrives UPS at my house.)

I've never received an e-mail notice, however I have never ordered online. Maybe that's only a courtesy for those online orders? I do call, sometimes, to see if my items have shipped yet, but that's usually when I order during the busy August season.

:)

I've never had an issue with RR's shipping, either. It would be nice to know *when* it's going to arrive, but it's also nice to be surprised (as long as I'm not in a hurry, in which case I'd pay to have my shipment expedited).

CBD has really fast shipping (it helps that I'm on the East Coast) and shipping notification -- but they don't have the selection or the great prices that RR has.

I've ordered from RR since 1995. Here are a couple of shipping tips for the impatient customer. They WILL hold your order for backordered items. You can phone the day after you place your order to see what items are backordered.

If you're like me and you don't want to wait, pay them an extra $10 and they will push your order to the head of line in front of everybody else's. Your order will be filled and shipped within 24 hours and will NOT be held for anything that is backordered. I always take this option. I am not a patient person. LOL

My experience has been that if the order is less than $35, it is shipped USPS with no shipping notice. Everything over $35 has been UPS with a shipping notice. If there is a backorder, they always email me, and they will hold the order a week. Even with a backorder, I have always gotten my orders in less than 10 days.

I've ordered from RR for years. I love them! Sometimes they send me a shipping notice via email, but not every time. They have always emailed me when there is a backorder. My orders arrive in exactly a week if there are no back orders. I generally wait and shop when I have enough to get the free shipping.

LOVE RR! The "worst" part of ordering is the waiting. ;) You do not need to be home, the postman will leave it on your doorstep. My experience has been that RR sends me an email notifying me that my shipment is on its way and USUALLY it comes on that day. Not EVERY time, but most of the time (just didn't want to set the expectation TOO high!). :001_smile:

Have fun and enjoy!

ditto!