Menu

Hive Hair Help!

I think the cut looks really cute and fun! It feels nice to cut off the long locks from time to time. :) I think the style would look good on you if the top is cut so you get some fullness, like the picture.

lol-- That's one reason I have to cut it. It's so thick & full, it has the potential for great volume, but it's so heavy it's weighing me down & giving me headaches.

I love the short cut! I went from long & curly to very short and I've never been more happy. I've had it short for about 5 years. My only suggestion is to ask the person who does your hair if he/she thinks your hair would work in that cut.

I love the short cut! I went from long & curly to very short and I've never been more happy. I've had it short for about 5 years. My only suggestion is to ask the person who does your hair if he/she thinks your hair would work in that cut.

:iagree:

I think you would look even more gorgeous and beautiful than you already do. :grouphug:

I can relate to the too much hair weighing me down problem. My hairdresser is wonderful. She listens to me and doesn't rush.

As far as eyebrows go, personal decision ... mine have naturally been out of control, I have them waxed once a month or so. I never do anything to them myself. Again, personal decision. Some thread. Others wax. But I know myself and my limitations. And brows are not my area of expertise. :lol:

:iagree:

I think you would look even more gorgeous and beautiful than you already do. :grouphug:

I can relate to the too much hair weighing me down problem. My hairdresser is wonderful. She listens to me and doesn't rush.

As far as eyebrows go, personal decision ... mine have naturally been out of control, I have them waxed once a month or so. I never do anything to them myself. Again, personal decision. Some thread. Others wax. But I know myself and my limitations. And brows are not my area of expertise. :lol:

I used to wax or tweeze them regularly... Lately I've been short on tweezing time & waxing money. They're going to be dealt with in some fashion this weekend, though.

I think it would look really cute. The only thing I would say is to remember that short cuts like that need very frequent trims to keep the style.

I also have long, heavy hair that I frequently think of cutting off. I wouldn't go that short due to a traumatic childhood experience ;) and the fact that I know I'm lousy at getting to the salon for frequent trims. I probably average once every 6 months at this point so I need to keep it pretty simple so it looks okay while growing out.

Speaking as someone with thick, full hair, short cuts don't always work. Talk with your stylist to make sure that what you get will be what you want. I got a really short cut and my went sideways. A mile wide. My hair is so full it would never taper nicely like the pick you posted. I was so unhappy. :( Talk with a knowledgeable stylist, and they should be able to help you find a short cut that works for full hair.

The short cute is gorgeous. :iagree:Check with your stylists to make sure your hair will cooperate. Btw...I love dramatic changes, and that cut from your long hair would be very just that.

I go through this every few years. I'll grow my hair out for a long time, then chop it all off. DH prefers it short, and it's time for a change. So here we go again.;)

The cut you are thinking of is cute....but, I'm wondering if it's a bit too short. I think you'd look great in a cut that's a little more chin length or a little bit longer (above the shoulder). I might layer it a bit to help take off the weight. You'll love a new cut with summer coming. I'm really happy with the gal that cuts my hair. I have to drive 15 miles out into the boonies to her shop, which is out of her house, but her cuts are only $12.00 and she gives free eyebrow waxing each time. Never thought I'd ever do that....but I LOVE it! Have you ever gotten your hair razor cut?? I love the look; it makes it kind of wispy. Sort of like this. Or, this. Or, this. The gal who cuts my hair does a similar effect with her scissors (not razor) and uses a "point cutting" technique.

Please post a follow up picture after your cut!!

The cut you are thinking of is cute....but, I'm wondering if it's a bit too short. I think you'd look great in a cut that's a little more chin length or a little bit longer (above the shoulder). I might layer it a bit to help take off the weight. You'll love a new cut with summer coming. I'm really happy with the gal that cuts my hair. I have to drive 15 miles out into the boonies to her shop, which is out of her house, but her cuts are only $12.00 and she gives free eyebrow waxing each time. Never thought I'd ever do that....but I LOVE it! Have you ever gotten your hair razor cut?? I love the look; it makes it kind of wispy. Sort of like this. Or, this. Or, this. The gal who cuts my hair does a similar effect with her scissors (not razor) and uses a "point cutting" technique.

Please post a follow up picture after your cut!!

I can have it point cut, but not razor cut. Learned that through trial & error. The natural wave just won't work with a razor cut. If I have it cut like this, I'll have to have it thinned a considerable amount, but that's true for about any short cut, and I would have to use a flat iron on it after every wash. So it's still up in the air... Either way, it's going to be gone sometime this week.

And I'll definitely upload pics!!

I think it's a really cute cut and perfect now that the weather is getting so much hotter! The only thing I would be concerned about is having to flat iron it after every wash - that does sound like a big commitment. But then the hair is shorter, so I'm not sure how long it would take?

It's so exciting getting a new style:) I'm going tomorrow morning to get my hair cut and I'm going to a new stylist for a new style...I want to get some wispy bangs because I have a long face. Anyway have fun with it!:)

As another person with thick hair, I would cut with caution! One too many times I have seen adorable cuts like the one you posted, went in to get the look, and came out looking like a mushroom. My hair is just too thick (even with extensive thinning) for anything above the chin. I need a little length to wright it down. I love the cut, just make sure you get a good hairdresser that will look at your hair and be honest about how closely it will match the photo. Some just look at the photo and cut away without considering your individual thickness and texture.