Menu

The Hangover Part II

Meh. Not nearly as funny as the first one.

There were laughs to be sure, but it's definitely not as good as the first movie. This one has a bit more of a serious/dark vibe under it. The main actors still had great chemistry together, even so.

Has anyone else gone to see it? :D

I haven't seen it, but both dh & I loved the first one :). DH went yesterday to see it & he said parts of it were hysterical, but overall the movie made him uncomfortable. He didn't get into it over the phone with me, but said it just went way.too.far. For whatever that's worth :tongue_smilie:.

DH and I love the first one, but our neighbor (who has similar taste) saw it Friday and said it was terrible. It should have been rated X.

Said it was funny, but way over the top. As in the credits at the end of the first movie, but throughout the whole thing and worse! Said it made he and his wife uncomfortable too!

I haven't seen it, but both dh & I loved the first one :). DH went yesterday to see it & he said parts of it were hysterical, but overall the movie made him uncomfortable. He didn't get into it over the phone with me, but said it just went way.too.far. For whatever that's worth :tongue_smilie:.

I didn't see either one. Not my thing. It reminds me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Is it like that? That was the dumbest movie I ever saw. I had to stop watching it before it was over.

I like both movies... but they're really nothing alike. The thing that makes Fear & Loathing what it is (to those who love it and, I would think, to those that hate it) is just the distortion of it all. If The Hangover was ridiculous, Fear & Loathing was riDONKulous,in the words of my 17-y-o brother. I guess, not only are both movies absolutely improbable, Fear & Loathing compounds the issue by being almost impossible to follow as the insanity builds.