Menu

Fun little quiz...

momto2Cs

Hm. That's interesting. I got "Waldorf"; that's probably the one method I haven't ever looked into.

It had me in order backwards than I would have placed myself, with School at Home and Christian being at the bottom.

Mine said unschooling... Um... I'm soooooo not an unschooler. :lol: Classical came next, and then Waldorf? :confused: I'm sooooo not Waldorf either. I'm not artsy at all. Nor do I do anything nature study type.

Some of the questions had me laughing though. :D

Mine said unschooling... Um... I'm soooooo not an unschooler. :lol: Classical came next, and then Waldorf? :confused: I'm sooooo not Waldorf either. I'm not artsy at all. Nor do I do anything nature study type.

Some of the questions had me laughing though. :D

I think my husband would probably take the kids and live with them in a trench for a week. :tongue_smilie:

The questions weren't really in-depth enough to get a true answer, and many times the correct answer to the questions they had wasn't available in the multiple choice quiz. However, the results they gave me were surprisingly accurate--possibly through sheer luck.

What's Your Homeschool StyleYour Result: Classical

You want your kids to know about their history. Classical education can be quite structured. You should be prepared for reading lots of classics.For more information look at "The Well Trained Mind".

Christian

Unschool

Waldorf

Unit Studies

School at home

We are probably more Charlotte Mason than WTM classical, but we are a good blend of both. They actually got the others in the right order, too, with the possible exception of Waldorf--I haven't really looked much at that. We are Christian (though I don't know how they would know from my answers), we have tried unschooling and dropped it because it devolved into playing all day after a few promising weeks, and we have tried unit studies and gotten bored with them. We even tried and disliked school at home.

What's Your Homeschool Style

Your Result: Classical

You want your kids to know about their history. Classical education can be quite structured. You should be prepared for reading lots of classics.For more information look at "The Well Trained Mind".

Result Breakdown:

83% Classical

74% Unit Studies

64% Christian

62% Unschool

58% Waldorf

58% School at home

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

That's funny, I have NO idea why it lists Christian as 64% or even Unschooling as 62% :lol: I am pretty sure that I am so far removed from those two choices that they wouldn't even be on my radar :)

I suppose the Unschooling is for my tendency of picking certain books and activities (outside of our school time) that lean towards what he is currently interested in.

Interesting little quiz, anyway :)

Well that was fun, but not a true indication of homeschool style. :001_smile:

Nope! My results were Unschooler, and that isn't us. I am guessing that my answers that I believe learning happens 24/7 and the fact learning and lunch blend into one another, were the indicators? But I am still classical all the way, just a bit on the unorganized side of classical.

Okay, it gave me unschool! And, I am definitely not an unschooler! We are classical (WTM style) with some CM leanings.

I knew when I took it that it would say that though, due to the questions. The truth is, if we are on a vacation somewhere, I don't haul all of our regular stuff with us. We do try to learn about the area we're visiting, etc. I've even been known to take a week off from our regular science in order to squeeze in some information about the ocean, seashells, etc. when we know we're going to the beach for a week. I hope that's not breaking some Classical Code of Conduct! :lol:

And I couldn't do a good answer to the "child interested in WW1" question, because the true answer for us wasn't listed. If we're studying ancients, then we keep right on plugging with ancients, BUT I will let the child check out any books on what they're interested in for their free-reading time...so...yes, absolutely. You will never hear me tell a child that they cannot check out history books...gimme a break! :tongue_smilie:

And the Christmas question...c'mon! I give some of all; I guess my kiddos are spoiled! They absolutely get fun things...it's Christmas, after all! But, they also get science kits, books, games, etc.

So, I prefer to think of myself as a Classical homeschooling mom that doesn't let opportunities pass us by to stretch our learning. Don't try to box me in, I guess! :D

Hmmm...my results said Unschool, next was Waldorf. I don't think I am an unschooler and I am not even sure I know what Waldorf is. :confused:

:lol:My second place was Waldorf as well, and I really am not sure what that style is all about. I know I researched it back when we started 3 years ago...but it didn't make the cut, LOL. Who knows?!

The questions weren't really in-depth enough to get a true answer, and many times the correct answer to the questions they had wasn't available in the multiple choice quiz. However, the results they gave me were surprisingly accurate--possibly through sheer luck.

What's Your Homeschool StyleYour Result: Classical

:iagree: Especially the bolded part.

And I couldn't do a good answer to the "child interested in WW1" question, because the true answer for us wasn't listed. If we're studying ancients, then we keep right on plugging with ancients, BUT I will let the child check out any books on what they're interested in for their free-reading time...so...yes, absolutely. You will never hear me tell a child that they cannot check out history books...gimme a break! :tongue_smilie:

And the Christmas question...c'mon! I give some of all; I guess my kiddos are spoiled! They absolutely get fun things...it's Christmas, after all! But, they also get science kits, books, games, etc.

So, I prefer to think of myself as a Classical homeschooling mom that doesn't let opportunities pass us by to stretch our learning. Don't try to box me in, I guess! :D

:iagree::iagree: This is the label I would give myself.

:lol::lol: I know the family who created that quiz! They are wonderful people, some of my best homeschooling friends. The quiz was made years ago as something fun. However, they actually really dislike their quiz because of all the stereotypes and inaccurasies. FWIW, they are unschoolers. I wonder if that has any correlation to the large number of people getting unschooling as their result.

I got classical which discribes me quite well. :)

Nope! My results were Unschooler, and that isn't us. I am guessing that my answers that I believe learning happens 24/7 and the fact learning and lunch blend into one another, were the indicators? But I am still classical all the way, just a bit on the unorganized side of classical.

:iagree:I got Unschool (nope), Classical (yes), Waldorf (I'm not even sure what this is!), Unit Studies (maybe a little), Christian (Well, that we are- but it doesn't have any bearing on our schooling), and with 0% School at home (which we couldn't be farther from! :lol:)