Menu

Lulu shipping - would you complain?

WWYD  

1. 1. WWYD

• Complain
    • Let it go

Last Monday (16th), during the 20% off sale, I ordered 3 items from Lulu - Living Memory as an instant download, and SOTW1 AG and an Usborne Encyclopedia, both of which say they ship within 24 hours. Later the same day I got an e-mail saying "Good news, your Lulu.com order has shipped!"

I thought, "great, priority shipping (I paid extra for it) means the latest it will get here will be Saturday." In my experience, it has never actually taken 5 days for something to arrive via priority mail, but it's always possible.

Every day, I have plugged in the label number from the e-mail into USPS.com, and it always says it is not a valid number / there is no information for that package. On the Lulu.com FAQ it says not to worry about that, as sometimes the packages miss getting scanned until later in their trip.

Imagine my surprise when I check again today and it says "Electronic Shipping Info Received May 23, 2011." Then later, it shows that the package was actually picked up today by USPS from Lulu.

So not only were these items supposed to ship within 24 hours, but they actually sent me an e-mail claiming they had already been shipped and still didn't send them for a whole week!

I'm annoyed, but....I'm not actually planning to use these things until July. However, I was excited to get them as soon as possible because I actually had some free time yesterday and today that I could have used to look them over and start some pre-planning.

With that in mind, would you complain or just let it go? Part of me wants to complain just for the principle of the matter; I sprang for more expensive shipping to get the items sooner, and they didn't even send them until after they should have arrived! On the other hand, it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, and there is nothing they can really do about it now. I would love it if they would refund part of the shipping charge, but they actually did send it via priority mail; the delay was pre-shipping.

WWYD?

:mad: Well, I wrote them an e-mail about it yesterday, and they never wrote me back. On the other hand, I did get an e-mail asking me to complete a survey about how well the customer service representative handled my issue.:banghead:

Since they were shipped from very close, the books actually arrived in one day instead of the promised 2-5. However, because of the way they were packaged, the upper corners of the binding on my encyclopedia were smashed. :angry: So I wrote again and got an automated e-mail asking for images, which I sent. We'll see if they respond this time.

I am definitely sticking with Amazon from now on. The slight price difference was not worth this amount of hassle.

I'd complain to the payment service you used. You should at least get that back. And don't pay for fast shipping you don't need! ;)

Well I paid for it not because I wanted it faster, but because I wanted it to be tracked, because Lulu makes it very clear that they are not responsible if the media mail doesn't arrive. Getting it faster was just a side benefit.

Well I paid for it not because I wanted it faster, but because I wanted it to be tracked, because Lulu makes it very clear that they are not responsible if the media mail doesn't arrive. Getting it faster was just a side benefit.

You deserve a refund.

Guest jab300

Imagine how quickly you would have gotten it if they actually had shipped withing 24hours! I'd stick with Amazon, too. It's always reliable.