Menu

Late birthday party?

My sons had their birthdays at the end of April. They each really wanted a party but, because of baseball and the nature of our business, things are so hectic at that time so a party doesn't work. I want to have a party at the end of this month. Do I call it a birthday party? I don't know that my sons care about getting birthday presents from their friends. I think they are more interested in just a party with friends. Would it be weird to be invited to a birthday party a month after the birthday? I could just call it a party I guess. :confused:

Is the weather decent where you are? You could have a kick off to summer party at the end of May easily enough. Memorial Day weekend is a huge for picnics, grilling, and parties.

I don't know how old your boys are, but if they are young enough to enjoy water guns/water balloons, hamburgers on the grill, and smores later on...that's easy enough for a non gimmicky theme, but still a party.

We do this almost every year. Most of our kids friends come from the same group of families. Instead of having multiple parties, (which require these families to commit time on multiple weekends), we have one big party every fall. I have called it a birthday party before, but am leaning toward calling it an un-birthday party this year. (b/c what I really need are fewer toys in this place!)

I just attended a birthday party today that was a month early because the temperature will be nasty in June. I say go for it and call it a birthday party if you want! It's not like you're having more than one party for the same occasion.

we do it every year! my olders b-day is dec 23! i mean really. who wants all those kids in the house in winter??

my 2nd's b-day is in early may.

we have a pool and 2 swing sets in the back yard and trampoline. We have a party some day in june.

We do not expect gifts and don't want more stuff in the house. We have found that people will bring gifts to a party no matter what you say. We put on the invitation " if your child feels the need to bring a 'gift' to the party, the girls would appreciate a non=perishable item for the local food pantry."

some will still bring presents, and some bring the non perishable item and some bring nothing.

Robin