Menu

Anybody done this? Need some ME time

Has anyone attended a retreat and stayed in a suite by themselves?

I want to go and attend the events - but at the end of the day... I want some peace and quiet. There are a few people I could room with but I really just want to chill and enjoy the teachings and the spa treatmants by myself. I'm ok for hanging with the girls but I want to be pampered and enjoy a few good night's rest.

It'll be pricey but I SOOO need this. Would it be wrong/ awkward to share the long ride down, have fun during the day but then retire at some point and have my own space. Would that seem anti-social?

I want to go and attend the events - but at the end of the day... I want some peace and quiet. There are a few people I could room with but I really just want to chill and enjoy the teachings and the spa treatmants by myself. I'm ok for hanging with the girls but I want to be pampered and enjoy a few good night's rest.

It'll be pricey but I SOOO need this. Would it be wrong/ awkward to share the long ride down, have fun during the day but then retire at some point and have my own space. Would that seem anti-social?

It would be the ONLY way I would attend a retreat. I don't think it seems anti-social at all - you do what is right for you. :grouphug:

I almost always get my own room. One exception is my annual scrapbooking weekend. I share a room with a good friend on that weekend.

Same here. I also go on 2 scrapbooking weekends per year, and I share a room with my sister if she attends also. But I don't even really like to do that. I have a very hard time sleeping in the same room as another person- especially dh since he snores so loudly. I can sleep in the same room with my kids, but if they snored, I couldn't do it. I'm a very light sleeper and just about any noise will wake me up.

It sounds like heaven.

Do it if you can!

Then let us know how wonderful it was. :D