Menu

Does anyone want to talk about the Survivor finale last night? (spoilers inside)

I was floored that Parvati won. I really thought that Amanda would win for sure! Personally, knowing that Amanda didn't win, I wish she would have brought Cirie along to the final two instead of Parvati. I wonder in hindsight if she felt the same.

Thoughts?

I don't understand why they didn't vote for her. During the questioning it seemed like most of them were more favorable toward Amanda. I was a little surprised by a few of the jurors questions. I also think that Amanda was genuine when she was crying trying to make the decision about who to bring.

Maybe it was editing, but to me Amanda came across as a genuine, kind person. I think those other women were jealous of Amanda.

My favorite from this season was James, and no it wasn't just because of his obvious appeal. I appreciated his tell-it-like-it-is personality.

I didn't like that Cirie, as a nurse, appeared to be laughing about not helping the injured as part of her strategy.

Any thoughts on Ozzy declaring his love for Amanda during the questioning? My dh thought, "Of course he's saying that, she's about to possibly win one mil." :tongue_smilie:

Of course, Survivor love is entirely possible. Just look at Boston Rob and Amber. lol

I was hoping Cirie would win that final challenge..once she didn't I knew that it would be Amanda and Parvarti. I also thought they would all vote for Amanda but I do think Parvarti played a better game. After all, it isn't about being nice...I was happy it was any of the last 3 though....I felt bad for them that they never thought it might come down to 2. I do think that was a real shocker for them.

It was a fun show to watch this season, that's for sure!

My take on Amanda losing was because of how she answered the questions to the jury. The jury asked her to answer the questions truthfully and it didn't come across to me that she was doing that. For instance when Cirie asked her, Why did she not take Cirie? She said it was because Parv played a better game when the real reason was because Cirie was a better talker, a mom to three and might get the pity-vote----that's what she said to a camera back when she was making the decision and I think that she came across as not sharing the entire truth to the jury when asked. She didn't think she could win against Cirie but thought she could beat Parv cause Parv had p*ss*D off too many folks on the jury.

Parv did play a better game so I guess it is ok, and I'm glad she got the million over Cirie. I too disliked how Cirie, as a nurse, did not give medical care to the injured.

Carole

He said that one of the early players, Mary maybe??, was now engaged to a former Survivor player. They met due to one of the current Survivor's introduction I think... I didn't remember the girl, so I didn't remember much.

Then later on, he showed Johnny Fairplay's new wife (from America's Top Model) and new baby girl.

I was surprised but I didn't feel like Amanda represented herself very well in that final tribal counsel. She should have pressed her hard work around camp, her performance in the challenges, her trustworthiness, etc. Parvati really made it appear she did all the decision-making and Amanda just went along with it.