Menu

All our ladies from Arkansas is everyone alright?

How awful! We used to live just north of Little Rock and that place is a tornado magnet. We were there the year they got 37 tornadoes in one night. And it was in January, so the siren system was down for maintenance. The small town north of us was hit hard. Thankfully, in spite of all that, only 1 person died. IIRC that was in Little Rock and the person was hit by falling debris after the storm ended.

It was interesting, at the time, to hear the weatherman explain how geographically AR is like a mini of the US with the mountains in the west and the rolling plains to the east. And how that geography affects the winds that help tornadoes develop.

Hope all is well with your family.

I just read that we're to expect this again tonight too. Man, I'm getting really tired of this.

Part of a special weather statement for our area for tonight:

"THE MAIN THREATS FROM THE SEVERE STORMS WILL BE DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH AND ISOLATED TORNADOES. LARGE HAIL GREATER THAN ONE INCH WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE. IF CONDITIONS COME TOGETHER IT WILL BE POSSIBLE THAT A VERY STRONG AND LONG TRACK DAMAGING TORNADO COULD BE SEEN IN ARKANSAS. ALSO AREAS OF HEAVY RAIN WILL BE POSSIBLE... WITH FROM 1 TO 3 INCHES EXPECTED... AND ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE WHICH WILL CAUSE FLASH FLOODING. MANY AREAS ACROSS THE STATE ARE CURRENTLY FLOODING OR THE GROUND IS SATURATED... AND THIS WILL JUST MAKE CONDITIONS WORST"

Praying for you Arkansans to stay safe tonight!!

We lived in Arkadelphia for nearly 15 years. We were there in 1997 when an F4 ripped through killing 7. I was 9 mos. pregnant hiding under a mattress in the hallway listening to this freight train roar past. Scariest. thing. ever.

We moved up north several years ago. I gladly traded blizzards for tornadoes.

Stay safe!

Wow. What a night. I am in Hot Springs and it was rough. The tornado that seems to have wiped out Vilonia started here. Lots and lots of damage here. Entire subdivisions gone in Hot Springs. There are reports of an 8 month old child that has been sent to the children's hospital in Little Rock with severe head injuries. Lots still out of power. Lots still without phones. Some are being told that they won't have power again until Thursday or Friday. We live in the part that was untouched last night, thankfully, although in the storms last week took out some trees around us.

I was online replying this morning when we lost power at my house about 9am. Then we lost land lines but everything is back on since about an hour ago. My parents live on the other side of the county and lost power last night about 5pm. About 3 miles from them the first reports of damage came in. We have friends with homes so damaged they are unlivable.

I think some of the scariest moments for me last night were when I couldn't reach my parents. The cell lines were full and I kept getting messages saying I could only use the phone to call 911.

Last Friday the husband of a friend died in a motorcycle accident. The visitation was supposed to be last night but the storms were so bad we couldn't go. The funeral home was in the path of one of the storms. What a horrible night.

Praying for you Arkansans to stay safe tonight!!

We lived in Arkadelphia for nearly 15 years. We were there in 1997 when an F4 ripped through killing 7. I was 9 mos. pregnant hiding under a mattress in the hallway listening to this freight train roar past. Scariest. thing. ever.

We moved up north several years ago. I gladly traded blizzards for tornadoes.

Stay safe!

Boy do I ever remember that tornado! Horrible! We had family down there and my cousin was in labor in the hospital. She had to be moved to Hot Springs for delivery. Our family was very frustrated when Clinton came thru to view damage and everyone had to stop working and no aid was allowed into the city until he left.

Boy do I ever remember that tornado! Horrible! We had family down there and my cousin was in labor in the hospital. She had to be moved to Hot Springs for delivery. Our family was very frustrated when Clinton came thru to view damage and everyone had to stop working and no aid was allowed into the city until he left.

Oh wow!!

For a second there I thought I knew who your cousin was. But I'm thinking of a different girl whose hubby was a first responder and got a call out to his own house which collapsed with his wife in the closet and child too, I think. Same woman went into labor a couple years later when a tornado rolled through and she delivered in the hallway. Friends called her a tornado magnet.

We've had some nasty weather up here too. But nothing like Arkansas. My mil is keeping us updated from her hallway. She's in Booneville.

Stay safe ya'll.