Menu

I need Hive advise here...

Does anyone know what the average cost for:

Root canal & crown

or

tooth pull and partial.

My dh had a tooth crack and fall out, subsequently it ended up infected and he is recovering from an abscess. The dentist says it can be fixed by one of the two methods above.

We do not have insurance. The price they quoted us, for the root canal and crown, was... well :blink::eek::scared:

So anyone have an idea of what it costs?

Does anyone know what the average cost for:

Root canal & crown

or

tooth pull and partial.

My dh had a tooth crack and fall out, subsequently it ended up infected and he is recovering from an abscess. The dentist says it can be fixed by one of the two methods above.

We do not have insurance. The price they quoted us, for the root canal and crown, was... well :blink::eek::scared:

So anyone have an idea of what it costs?

My dh has two cracked teeth requiring two crowns. The cost is going to be just under $2000K. That is with no root canal. (and I am forcing him to take care of it now to avoid what your dh is going through)

:grouphug:

I'm thinking about $1200. I'm in the middle of a root canal treatment now. I paid $700 and the insurance $500. I think. And then the crown later on. So yeah. Very expensive. I didn't get some cavities filled because I was pregnant and then nursing and my dentist was hesitant to do anything then. Now I'm paying for it.

Check and see if there are "discount dental plans" in your state. Then check to see if the dentist accepts them. It is not insurance but it can help a lot with the cost. The idea is that you pay one sum for the yearly membership (mine is around $170 for the entire family for the year). Then each dental procedure has a discounted rate. You pay the discounted rate up front but it is lower than what you would pay without anything. Many of these discount dental plans are administered by insurance companies: mine is by Aetna.

Check and see if there are "discount dental plans" in your state. Then check to see if the dentist accepts them. It is not insurance but it can help a lot with the cost. The idea is that you pay one sum for the yearly membership (mine is around $170 for the entire family for the year). Then each dental procedure has a discounted rate. You pay the discounted rate up front but it is lower than what you would pay without anything. Many of these discount dental plans are administered by insurance companies: mine is by Aetna.

Ours is $25 a year and the discount is 20%. Even with all that the net cost is just under $2K for 2 crowns.

Ridiculous. But I stronly believe in taking care of teeth problems.

Another option would be a local university with a reputable dental school. We have a large, acclaimed dental school here, and we know several people who are patients there. The patients are assigned a student and a teacher for the duration of the student's educational career there. The cost is much more affordable, and I have not yet heard of a horror story.

Another option would be a local university with a reputable dental school. We have a large, acclaimed dental school here, and we know several people who are patients there. The patients are assigned a student and a teacher for the duration of the student's educational career there. The cost is much more affordable, and I have not yet heard of a horror story.

No dental school around here, :sad: or I would have done that without hesitation! I do know several people who have gone to Mexico though.