Menu

If you like white noise when you sleep, I found the best thing!

I bought two of these (one for our bedroom and one for the boys').

They are just perfect with two different settings and even more variance within both settings. They are so much better than the fans we were using.

Sound Conditioner Sound Screen SleepMate Electro-Mechanical White Noise Machine

Dual Speed Model 980

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KUHFGM

Interesting! Dh has a box fan he needs on when he sleeps, and I have gotten so used to that white noise that I can't sleep without it. I work night shift so this might be nice to use when trying to sleep with a house full of noisy kids:001_smile:

thanks,

lisa

P.S. Dd12 has always use a noise machine at night, which has sounds like "rain" and "ocean waves". She can't sleep without it, but when I tried to use it I hated it. I think the one you linked to is much better.

I have another version of the Marpac and so does my mother. Hers was purchased in the 1970s and is still going strong! She even travels with it.

She gave one to me in the late 80s and I have since broken it (my fault) and found one at a yard sale and snatched it up. I have this one:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2010/04/marsona-1200a-noise-generator.html

Marpac/Marsona products are very quality. If you travel a lot I recommend the travel size one though. They can be bulky.

Dawn

I used a fan for over ten years. I got tired of running it in the winter, and I got tired of cleaning it, and if I didn't clean it, it just blew dirty air in the same spot.

This is so much smaller and fits on the bottom shelf of my night stand. It's much neater looking.

I cannot stand anything but a constant fan sound. I really like having it, though, because it helps everyone sleep better in such a small house where we would be able to hear everything.

Interesting! Dh has a box fan he needs on when he sleeps, and I have gotten so used to that white noise that I can't sleep without it. I work night shift so this might be nice to use when trying to sleep with a house full of noisy kids:001_smile:

thanks,

lisa

P.S. Dd12 has always use a noise machine at night, which has sounds like "rain" and "ocean waves". She can't sleep without it, but when I tried to use it I hated it. I think the one you linked to is much better.

I love our Sleep Mates! We have two: one for outside our childrens' rooms, and one for our bedroom. We take them with us when we travel because we can't sleep without them.

We take ours with us wherever we go, also! They've lasted for years and years, so far, and have been great!

Once in awhile, we'll try to get by with just packing one, since they're a bit cumbersome in a suitcase, and we need two--one for each hotel room. I'll use my i-phone white noise ap for the room that I'm in, and my DH will keep the sound machine (what we call the Sleep Mate.) The ap isn't nearly as good, though. You're right, Dawn, it's the absolute best white noise machine!

My sister has that model and swears by it. I used to need silence to sleep until I married my husband who always slept with a fan on. :D Finally we've switched to a sound machine for white noise and of course, now I have to travel with it!

I bought two of these (one for our bedroom and one for the boys').

They are just perfect with two different settings and even more variance within both settings. They are so much better than the fans we were using.

Sound Conditioner Sound Screen SleepMate Electro-Mechanical White Noise Machine

Dual Speed Model 980

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KUHFGM

If that's what my mom had, those things last FOREVER! I'm still using it for my ds. The label disappeared a long time ago but it looks just like that one, only older. DH and I just use a little fan/air purifier thingy on my nightstand.

My son is 15 and we bought out first one when he was a little bitty kiddo to help while he was napping! Still have it and we never leave home without both of the ones we have!

Perfect size for travel, our company love to use them when they come for a weekend.

They are way better than any of the other more expensive sound machines out there that have all the thunder, crickets, and other nature sounds that only drive me crazy rather than help me sleep!

We have a few of these! I bought one first when we had the baby in our bedroom. When we finally moved him to the nursery, I missed it and bought one for myself. We travel for them - they're great for Grandmother's house with all it's hardwood floors and steps, and for the big family beach vacations with all the aunts and uncles. The kids sleep so much better with them. And so do I!