Menu

American Girl party ideas? Help please!!

DD is turning 7 next month and wants an American Girl party. I have the invites all made up and I put for the girls to all bring their American Girl dolls. We'll have 3 little girls, plus my two girls, ranging in age from 4 to 10.

DD is getting Kit from us at this party.

I'm usually pretty good at planning parties, but I'm kinda clueless on this one. I thought about having the girls make mini scrapbooks so that they can put photos of adventures with their dolls in them. But then again, I've looked around and a small scrapbook for each girl looks like they will be $5-$6 each. Plus papers and stickers....yikes! Maybe they could make frames instead and put a photo of the girls with their dolls in them.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'd like to have two or three activities or games to do.

For party favors, I'm giving each girl a shirt for their doll with matching headband. I found those on Etsy.

Anyone have any ideas? Or had an American Girl party of their own?

My girls had a tea party for their birthdays this past October. One thing we did, was go to local thrift stores and got each girl an actual china tea cup and saucer to use at the party. They didn't match but the girls all had such a great time with them. I also made fruit shish kabobs and all of the girls loved those. Try oriental Trading company for craft ideas. They may not be actual American Girl but I am sure you could find something girly.

When my dd had hers at 7, we played the American Girl 300 Wishes game. I had one and borrowed one from a friend. The girls enjoyed learning fun things about each other.

Decorate your own cupcake is a hit at any girls birthday.

And your ideas sound like more than enough, btw! :)

How fun! We had an AG party for my daughter when she turned 7. I got a lot of ideas from this website http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/american_girl_party.html

I think I made the invitation with pictures of the different AG historical characters on the front. We had three guests and asked each of them to bring a doll, stating that it didn't have to be an AG doll. (My daughter didn't have her AG doll then.) She got it for her 8th b-day. She had another special doll. We had our small kids table set up for the dolls with a little tea set.

My daughter came up with my favorite idea. She wanted to portray Kirsten as St. Lucia. You'll have to read the "Kirsten's Surprise: A Christmas Story" book if you aren't familiar with St. Lucia. My daughter wore a white dress and we tied a red ribbon of some sort around her waist. We made of wreath of plastic greenery for her head and attached a string of white Christmas lights to the wreath. The lights trailed down her back. She carried a flat serving basket with handles that carried cups of hot chocolate (filled half full) and cinnamon rolls made from a tube. We turned down the lights and had the guests sit on the floor with their eyes closed. My daughter got into her outfit, we plugged the Christmas lights in, and she walked into the room. The girls opened their eyes and my daughter repeated the line from the book. The guests were very surprised and immediately remembered the part of the book as two of them had read the book. Then the guests each wanted to be St. Lucia. So, we re-enacted the scene three more times and I took pictures of each of them. It was great fun. My daughter originally wanted to put real candles in the wreath in her hair, but we compromised with the white lights and it worked out well.

Have a great party.