Menu

Which SWB audio lectures?

WIS0320

Just one? The Joy of Classical Education - A nice overview of classical education and far less overwhelming than reading The Well-Trained Mind :) It definitely cleared up some misunderstandings I had.

But, don't miss:

A Plan for Teaching Writing (get the one relevant to the stages/ages of your children) or

Science in the Classical Curriculum - I'm a science-phobe and this lecture made the thought of teaching science less intimidating. I also *love* her thoughts on high school science.

I love the one on teaching writing on the elementary years. I plan to get the literary analysis one next.

If she ever puts up the Homeschooling the Real (...) Child, that she did at the conventions this year, I'll get that too. It was excellent. I thought she said in Memphis that they'd get it on the website, but I haven't seen it.

I have appreciated the writing and lit analysis ones. When ever I hear parents complaining about all the writing their children have to do in PS or Private schools too... I go back to what I was taught through those writing lectures and I feel confident what we are doing in writing is not only "enough" it's preferred for the way children learn writing.

The lit analysis one helps me let my children just enjoy reading in the grammar stage and helps me remember to start slow in Logic.... keep the love of reading!

I vote for a package deal on the downloads so that I can buy them all :tongue_smilie:. Sorry, just putting it out there for the powers that be that may be reading this and may grant me my wish :D. When I go down the list I want most of them anyway. I would love to just get them all at once.

I vote for a package deal on the downloads so that I can buy them all :tongue_smilie:. Sorry, just putting it out there for the powers that be that may be reading this and may grant me my wish :D. When I go down the list I want most of them anyway. I would love to just get them all at once.

:iagree: I've been wishing for that too.

Just one? Hmm, I know I can't choose just one.:tongue_smilie:

The writing lectures are great and it really gives you the whole picture if you listen to all three. I also enjoy the Joy of Classical Education. It's a great boost when I need motivation or just to know I'm still on the right track.